What's new

Batman Begins Part III (1 Viewer)

Brian D H

Second Unit

True, but that's only because he refused skin-grafts (not that they'd let someone do that). If we assume that he's locked up somewhere being treated, then he would be pumped full of anti-biotics and be having skin-grafts put on to cover the exposed muscles. He'd still look pretty bad on that side of his face and they wouldn't bother with cosmetic niceties like eye-lids until he's stabilized.

As far as Ras Al-Gul goes, they didn't show him die for a good reason: So that fans can choose to believe that his cronies got him to the Lazarus Pool and Nolan never has to mention it. Nolan gets his realism and the fans get to imagine an immortal villian and everyone's happy. Same with Harvey, Nolan can mention him again, or not - he left it vague so that the character can be brought back easily, if any director wants to. (Though Harvey in a secret Wayne-subsidized location is a lot easier to believe than an immortal villian.)

I really don't know why everyone thinks that Harvey must be dead just because we saw a eulogy. After all, Batman and Gordon had just faked a death the very same day (Gordon's). And they were shown creating a lie about who was was responsible for Dent's crimes. What's one more lie? If they want to protect Harvey's reputation he'd have to be "dead" until he's cured.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm watching the Animated Series right now, and even though I never really liked the idea before, I'd love to see Ra's Al Ghul come back with Talia. It could be an epic, globe-trotting story, with Bruce Wayne riding on horseback through the desert (imagining a guy in that monster of a Batsuit riding on a horse is actually a funny image!), etc. It'd also let Bale get out of the costume a bit and add some more romance to the piece.

Unfortunately, I can't see Nolan going this route. I'm sure his plans are more thematically linked. Which is cool, but it sort of limits where you can take the movies. It's also a bit of a shame that these superhero movies take so long to make. You only get 1 every 3-4 years and it's seen as something of a waste to have Batman or your hero go on his own isolated adventure. It'd be perfect if these were whipped into Bond-like films, churned out every two years and each one standing alone. But then again not really. I guess it's a Catch-22. I love how everything links together to tell a big story, but it's rather limiting.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor

It'd be cool if HBO or Showtime partnered with WB and had an ongoing series of Batman films; smaller in scale, but also more freedom with the character and stories. We could a movie every 12-18 months, with the same cast and less concern about box office.

I don't want a weekly series featuring Batman, but a series of well-done movies for the small screen would be pretty neat.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
well with a 195 million three day take , i will state that the next in WB's eyes is a done deal,

I love the idea of the next film being smaller, but aside from that what i would really like to see is the viral campaign of (Gotham) as a city to continue, everything is already in place, news, and paper just to keep things going

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure some brainiac has already pitched this to the execs at WB-

take the concept of the viral campaigns a step and create a serial TV show called "Gotham" which would be a dramatic serial in which the main Batman characters never appear on screen, but are mentioned/heard freely in background media and it's clear they exist peripherally. A show like this could flesh out the universe just like the viral campaign, as well as setting up future theatrical installments, as well as being a work/property unto itself. I could see sooooo much potential with something like this, if they had creators and producers who are keyed into the proper vision and who were invested in presenting good drama first and foremost.
What I'm suggesting is the antithesis of something like Smallville. No freaks of the week, no resets. Something like a melange of Hill Street Blues and St Elsewhere/E.R. and Lou Grant -Maybe focus on three main P.O.Vs- a beat cop, a reporter, and a hospital staff worker- people who would naturally collide in the course of a day, and be in a direct position to see the effects of Batman and his adversaries, but who would never(?) have any direct contact with him.

Gold, I tell ya.

Pete-D

Screenwriter

They could do the whole "Batman in the desert" thing for the next film if they wanted to.

BB takes Bruce into the mountains, TDK took Batman to Hong Kong. The story would just come back to Gotham.

I do believe they could bring back Rhas Al Ghul because it's a lot more believable he could get himself out of that situation (essentially being Batman's equal or even superior in some ways), than say Harvey Dent being able to fake his death.

Or maybe you don't bring back Rhas Al Ghul at all, but simply introduce Talia. That could work also.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Watching Dailies, that show on the Reelz channel, last night and a very interesting rumor(and I stress the word RUMOR) is that Phillip Seymour Hoffman is being considered for The Penguin if Nolan does a 3rd flick. Don't know if there's an ounce of truth to that rumor, but if so that would be a brilliant choice. He's one of the few "scene stealer" actors in Hollywood today that could possibly challenge what Heath did with The Joker.

As for the character of The Joker I don't think there is any way they could recast that part, not even with someone on the level of Johnny Depp, Daniel Day Lewis, etc. You just can't replace Ledger's performance as easily as they did with Gyllenhaal and Holmes. I have no problem with a "smoke and mirrors" approach with The Joker in Arkham and maybe even some cutting room floor footage to fill in the gaps, but a recast is completely out of the question IMHO. I'm hoping Nolan would feel the same way.

Fred Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator

What resume did Heath have before TDK? If Nolan trusts him, I trust him. I don't want the Joker back just for the sake of having him back but I DO think someone could equal his performance. In Nolan, I trust!

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
Hoffman would be a very inspired choice for Penguin if Nolan does bring him in for the third movie. Personally, I can't wait to see what the "new and improved" Batcave will look like since Nolan will likely have Bruce return to Wayne Manor in film #3. We can also expect to see a new Batmobile and maybe even another new vehicle to add to Batman's growing arsenal. I wouldn't be at al surprised if Nolan decides to once again unveil a new Batsuit.

It'll also be interesting to see which way they go in terms of love interest. Catwoman, Talia, Vicki Vale, or someone else that hasn't been mentioned. Nolan and co. have many options and I'm fairly confident that the next movie won't end up being a trilogy weak link like Spidey 3 and the last 'X-Men' movie were.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Interesting indeed. As I said before, I think he'd be a brilliant choice if in fact Nolan chooses The Penguin as the main villain for the third film. Honestly, I can't think of anyone else who would be a better choice for the role.

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
MTV Movies Blog » EXCLUSIVE: David Goyer Says He Knows The Theme For ‘Batman 3’

Whether you agree or not, judging from both fan reaction and near universal critical acclaim, “The Dark Knight” will almost certainly go down as the greatest comic book movie of all-time, with a performance from Heath Ledger that is being hailed as one of the greatest on-screen villains ever.

Now all Christopher Nolan, his brother Jonathan, David Goyer, and an as yet unnamed villain have to do is top it.

“I think that’s the scariest thing – to think, could we come up with a third movie that was as good as the first two? Can we top ourselves?” screenwriter David Goyer asked aloud, almost rhetorically, in a recent conversation with MTV News. “Doing it a third time would be a big proposition.”

Make no mistake about it, though, a third film HAS been discussed, Goyer confessed, revealing that, while nothing is concrete, both a villain and a theme have been bandied about.

“We’ve only talked loosely about it, though, Chris and I,” Goyer said.

Interestingly, it’s the theme, and not the villain, that most interests me, especially given how the latter seems inexorably tied to the former in this new modern Batman universe. (Fear the predominant issue in “Begins” precipitating the introduction of Scarecrow, escalation in “Knight” similarly calling for The Joker.

The fact that Goyer has a theme he wants to keep in mind for a possible “Batman 3” means he also has a direction, a crisis, and, yes, a villain.

So what is it?

“I have one,” Goyer said laughing. “But I’m not going to tell you. Chris is very particular about that.

“I do think, though, that if there’s not a third film – these two movies stand on their own,” he added. “I think it could go either way.”--MTV.com

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
Well, there will DEFINITELY be a Batman Begins 3 whether Goyer and Nolan want one or not. Let's hope they come back cause the last thing we need is a new production team. I believe Bale is already signed for a third film whether Nolan comes back or not.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
I don't think there's any chance of seeing Penguin. The character only gained popularity because of Burgess Meredith, and has no real meat to it. Penguin's just a fat, big nosed bad guy who likes birds.

Once you bring him into Nolan's realm and strip him of his outlandishness, he's nothing more than an average, nondescript heavy. I'm sure Nolan could make a great gangster or something out of him, but if there's nothing substantial to the character in the first place then what's the point?

Not all of Batman's villains can be suitably translated into reality (Clayface, Man-bat, Killer Croc...), and not all the ones that can be are worth translating.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

To be fair Heath was never a superstar actor. I think his biggest film was The Patriot which was more a Mel Gibson film than anything. He was never a household name.. until now that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks