What's new

Batman Begins and Potter-GOF Liner Notes (1 Viewer)

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
Did the Batman Begins 2-Disc and the Harry Potter - 2 Disc both have liner notes?

I ordered these and both came without any liner notes and I think I am due a refund or new discs.

The Batman Begins Cover indicates a 72-page booklet.

Thanks,
Mike

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Batman Begins did contain a 72-Page Booklet in the Limited Edition package.
Now the Harry Potter, I literally couldn't care or not if it had an insert due to my heavy disinterest in the overhyped series.

RobertM.Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah...the batman had a comic in it.....was inside a outer cardboard sleeve with the movie. Pretty much a first press run only deal with that one. I havent seen a Sleeve/comic version of the 2 disk se since the first week of release now that I think about it.

Harry potter had no such insert to speak of.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
As stated above the comic book was a limited edition with the first pressing of the disk. It was one of the times I guess they underestimated demand, also read that the cost of producing the comic was quite high. Guess on subsequent pressings they dropped it to save money.

From what you say it looks like they did not amend the sleeve to reflect the change. Unless you find it in a B&M store I don't think you will find the comic version new most places sold out on release or very soon after, unless you go secondhand and it is explicitly mentioned as included.

With Harry Potter there is no booklet only I think a single sheet advertising other Warner DVDs.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member

...lets see, he was the first person to explain the Batman situation, but wasn't able to help on the HP film, so he stated why that was the case...get over it.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II

I own the limited release for the Batman Begins DVD, as stated as such in my collection link.

Figured I was too brutally honest in my extreme disinterest with the Harry Potter films although I did go see the first two in theaters once. I'm just never planning to own them and will most likely give the series a go after the overhype has died down and the three main actors have all gone into their twenties so they can reflect back upon it. Whenever I'm browsing through a DVD store, I don't see the HP films in the Fantasy section in with The Lord of the Rings (of which is a truer fantasy film), it's in with the Family/Children's section because it's geared more towards the kiddie's I guess. It also never quite "latched onto" me quite as effectively as The Lord of the Rings since the latter is full Fantasy where it doesn't take place in modern times or on Earth. I'll state it again, HP just doesn't feel like fantasy to me and just isn't a film for me. It also pisses me off when alot of people put HP next to TLotR in their collection, the latter has been around for decades whilst the former only maybe a decade at best. Sorry that I was so truthful in my opinion about the series and I'll keep it to myself in the future.
That's my own opninion and choice about Harry Potter and I'm sticking with it. No excuses.

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think anyone here requires an "excuse" why you may or may not like a particular franchise or film, it's just uncalled for in a thread where someone is trying to get information about a DVD's contents or packaging.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

If he doesn't know about the Potter DVD, then don't mention it at all or simply say "I don't know about the Potter DVD". There's no reason to throw in a nasty comment about the film series. That's a classic threadcrap and is quite rude. The HTF maintains a nicely civil tone for the most part, and we don't need people going out of their way to attack the interests of others...

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
I don't know about any of the contents for ANY of the HP DVD's and frankly I'll always be ineffective with product for films/series I have no interest in. Sorry for wasting my time trying to explain my reasons.

Jonathon M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jonathon
Personally, I don't see a problem with the Harry Potter response. It seems a little oversensitive, and he was justifying why he didn't have a pretty major recent film in his collection. Nothing major, it wasn't a long rant or anything.

Region 4 didn't get jack in either, although there was a limited Batman Begins release here which (i think) contained the soundtrack and a comic, but was way overpriced (really, who wants a CD thats been out for six months - if you wanted it, you'd probably already have it).

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
I agree w/ James and Colin's comments above. I understand people have different tastes in films and such and that's all cool. But it was such a threadcrap you posted, and that's why I said something. I didn't post because I was oversensitive to criticism of the films.

If this were a review thread about the Harry Potter films, saying your opinion makes a bit more sense.

I enjoy this forum because most other DVD forums always have threadcraps and it's just not cool

~jason

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 2-Disc only has a little catalog for HP merchandise. This is unfortunate because Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban DVD has a pretty decent insert which was designed to look like the Marauder's Map.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Exactly. I'm not sensitive to his criticisms of the Potter series - I'm not a fan of those flicks and don't care who dislikes them. I thought his remarks were pointless and mean-spirited. The comments didn't help the original poster and just came across as nasty. Doesn't matter if they were short or long - they were unnecessary and not in the spirit of this forum...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks