What's new

Batman:Animated...What is going on??? (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Warner has been great with their support of tv on dvd. But, seriously what is going on with Batman:the Animated series?? I know they have been releasing 4 episode discs and recently announced some ports of vhs releases. I also know they have mentioned box sets. But, this is crazy. Do they realize how popular that show is? And I wonder if they have seen how popular the season sets of Transformers and know GI Joe. I am not asking them to have it out tomorrow(which would be nice). I just want some official confirmation that the show is definitely coming in some kind of box set. I don't even need to know what the extras are. I am tired of passing comments and rumors.

END RANT

ps-And yes I know Columbia House has released 10 volumes with 6 episodes per volume. But, they are way overpriced.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Todd, right after an announcement of a 1-disc only release like the upcoming Joker/Penguin thing is NOT the time Warner would reveal that season sets are coming.

In their mind they would be jeopardizing the sales of the 1-disc volumes, because people who would buy it would instead wait on the box set. This is, of course, very true.

They do realize that some people have decided to never buy a 1-disc release again, and will only buy B:TAS again when a box set comes. They obviously know they will get money from these folks whenever they do get around to releasing that box (assuming they do, and if they don't they can't do anything about it).

So, any way you look at it, the time to press Warner about this issue is after then next individual disc releases, but before something else is announced. That is when they MAY let loose with some info. Of course, if they already know that the next release after these also won't be a box set, then you're back in the same boat as you are now.

As a consumer, it would be nice to know what the studio plans and when they plan to do it. So that I don't buy a lot of 1-disc releases and later feel "ripped off" when a box comes along. Warner has to be convinced that this is the right way to deal with customers, but so far they are taking the tack I mention above.

Chris Sypal

Stunt Coordinator
Also, keep in mind that there is a new Batman movie in the works. Releasing an Animated series set around that time would bee good timing.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
A chat with Warner is coming next month, so hopefully somebody will ask about a projected date for the box sets...I'd bet any major Batman release is gonna be held off till 2005 for the movie that keeps looking better and better.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Nick,

Thanks for the Warner chat info. I have lots of other questions. But, during the last chat when people asked about Batman:animated. The rep said that they don't handle it. The family division does. So unless things have changed. I don't expect any answers from them.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I know this isn't about Batman but this is awesome news about a Warner Chat. I can finally ask about Brimstone and get the dirt on that!

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Todd, you are correct about Warner's previous comments, but in the interim, more specifically (I believe), at this past year's San Diego Comic Con, a Warner rep said box set plans were in the works.

Maybe they went on eBay and saw people paying over $100 for bootleg box sets and wised up.

Lanny_B

Second Unit
Even without the announcement of Box sets, I simply refused to spend $25 on 5 random episodes. Thus, because I'm a huge fan of Batman:TAS and Batman Beyond, and I'll only buy them in boxes.

A couple years ago, I actually spent $80 or something on eBay for somebody's VCR recordings of Batman Beyond. It seems pretty ridiculous now, but I didn't have WB so I didn't get to see the shows and I wanted to. So, I need a good box set of the eps in order.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Well, frankly, and I've said this somewhere else recently, I'm only interested in box sets of Batman TAS, same as Superman TAS. It's a criem that these haven't been seized on.

Check out Bill Hunts Digital Bits Rumour Mill a day or to ago.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Well with Warners announcement that Scooby Doo seasons 1 & 2 are coming. Maybe, Batman won't be far behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks