What's new

Batman Animated DVD Release Date? (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Regardless of the coverart, the DVD is still going to be wicked! As long as the episodes are presented correctly, I will be very happy!

Ryan

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Thanks for all the post on this title! I was trying to find more info about it. I will be getting the set for sure, but was planning on waiting a while just do to so many other DVD's coming out soon.
I was specifically wondering about the Catwoman tie in as well. Thanks for posting this info. I plan on getting the set earlier now for the free ticket. I don't think the movie will be great, but to see it free I guess is fine.

It's too bad they are not using the origin of the Catwoman from the comic books. It seems they are essentially re-using the Burton Batman Returns origin of the character. Too bad, but there is more than one problem with this movie as most of you know. Another thread maybe for a rant on this title!

Thanks again!
Tim

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
The Catwoman tie-in will be no more than a sticker on the plastic wrapper and a ticket inside the set. That is as far as they're going! I will say this set will be worth picking up for numerous reasons. This set getting great sales can lead to a holiday release of the second set, before the year is out!

Not only that but we'll see more DCAU shows on DVD. Timm said at The WonderCon this past year that this set will determine the size of sets WB will release for Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond and Justice League. Alot of single volume six episode DVDs are in the works as we speak, but more box sets could be coming as well based on those sales.

28 episodes, almost all of them winners, and inside a snazzy package. You can't lose with this purchase!

Rob T

Screenwriter

How so?
she wasn't an undead being or a lowly secretary.
She was very much alive and seemed to be somewhat wealthy (probably because of her criminal activities).

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
They just wanted a similiar design in and out of costume, which they got with the blonde Selina Kyle.

7 Days everyone...

Scott_D

Stunt Coordinator
I just got an email from Amazon saying that my BTAS has been shipped.

Hopefully I'll get it by the official release date.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
The DVD set has started to ship and people have already received their copies! Has anyone here gotten them? They look great!

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Copies have started popping up - even early! I've been getting emails from fans getting the box set from stores like Target, Cpostco, Best Buy and Wal-Mart a few days early. It's now out there!

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Are there any reviews out there at all of this series? I already have it ordered, but I'd like to see people's reactions about this set.

Paul

Jay Gunn

Stunt Coordinator
Also disappointing to see that there are only two commentaries from Timm and Rodomski on the entire set.
Mine arrived today, I'll post my thoughts when I get the chance.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

I'm puzzled as to why the reviewer would think that WBHV would restore a 12 year old animated TV series. It would appear that the reviewer had some rather nitpicky expectations of the picture (this isn't Finding Nemo we're talking about here :) ). What he said:

"In the Legend Begins DVD release, many people praised the video quality, but to be honest, I don’t see the appreciation. Based on what I’ve seen, the video quality is just a straight transfer with no restoration done to any of the episodes. It is also hard to judge the video quality because of the fact that Batman: The Animated Series uses a dark background. Everything is drawn on black paper so dirt, flints and artifacts are more noticeable, especially on the first few episodes. The deeper you go the less flint you see. Every once in a while you will continue to notice dirt but not as bad as the first episodes. Vertical shadow markings are noticeable too, but because most of the shots are dark, you might not notice them. Unfortunately, the digital transfer process reveals every imperfection, but overall the video quality is superior to any VHS copy."

:confused: I can't imagine that this DVD isn't the best this series has *ever* looked.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Just read the review and overall it is pretty positive.

I don't take that as a critism of this transfer but more of a critism of every other transfer that has been done of the series. The better the transfer the less likely video imperfections are going to be hidden by sub-par video equipment (i.e. VHS). All in all I can't wait for tomorrow!

Chris S.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Sounds like the reviewer is mistaking cel dust for print/negative damage. Cel dust is part of the photographed image, so removing them would not be a "restoration".

How spoiled we have become in the digital era!

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Mine hasn't even shipped yet from DDD. Anyone else experiencing problems?

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
The DVDs are out! Along with Challenge of the Superfriends: The First Season, Batman: The Animated Series - Volume One can be found onn store shelves everywhere. An Amazon top five seller, expect this to be a huge hits for fans and collectors.

And for those looking for reviews, Toon Zone has a great one online (no this isn't blatant self-promotion, just spreading the word of a great write-up for the set):

http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=115597

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Mine Shipped From Amazon even with Free Shipping I get it the next day so I should have it tommorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks