What's new

Bass Shaker Wiring (1 Viewer)

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I have 3 sofas, 4 Aura Pro shakers, and a single 120 Watt AMP stable at 4 ohms. (Parts Express $100 model)

All of this to work with, and some wires.

What I tried at first was to use 2 bass shakers wired in parallel to = 2 ohms, then I series wired that those two with a single 4 ohm shaker in an attempt to get 6 ohms total.

What ended up is the first (series wired) shaker doesn't play anything, but the two parallel wired shakers shake plenty.

Now do you think I blew out the first shaker because of the bad wiring? Or does it not play because the way it is wired...

Or should I try 4 shakers and just put two shakers on the middle couch. Hook up 2 parallel, and the other two parallel, and then hook up those pairs in series to yield 4 ohms.

Or should I just wire the 3 bass shakers in series so that it's 12 ohms...

Thanks...

MattD

Stunt Coordinator
Chris,

What you want to do is take 2 bass shakers and wire them in series (4+4 =8 Ohms). Then do this with the other set of 2. Then wire the 2 pairs of bass shakers in parallel. Then the amp will be seeing 4 ohms. (1/(1/8ohm) + (1/8ohms) = 4ohms)

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks