What's new

Basic question....I think (1 Viewer)

ryan-w

Agent
OK, I have my TV on one wall and the components on a shelf hidden on the other side of the room. Now, I have one HDMI calbe running from the TV to the surround sound input. I use that one cable to switch between the DirecTV, Blu-Ray and radio/iPod. The TV is a Samsung UN55D7000 and I have it connected to my network. So, the question is, when I want to watch a movie that's on my PC through the TV I can't get any sound. I have to listen through the TV's speakers instead of the surround speakers. Can anyone please help me here and let me know what I need to do to get the sound to come through the surround speakers please. THANKS!!

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Assuming the TV has a digital out, you must run a coax or optical from the TV to an input on the receiver.

Lynno

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew
Hi Guys, I'm brand new at this. I have recently bought a Samsung full HD 100Hz panel and plugged it in. Happy with the vision, but no-one mentioned the poor sound qual. So I went to JB and bought the cheapest HTiB I could get. its a Panasonic DVD 5.1 system. Got it home, set it up & it sounds fantastic with the Sub and surround sound working on a DVD but I CANNOT get it working for just the DTV or AV1 channels. I have only plugged in an HDMI from DVD unit line out to TV Line in. Do I need another line into the Panasonic system? The instruction manuals don't seem to have enough detail to answer my question. Can anyone help me? I'm sure its an easy solution. Lynno.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You need a digital (hdmi, optical or coaxial) connection from the cable/satillite box to the Panisonic. Sometimes these cheap htib's don't have digital inputs. We need the model numbers to give you specific advice.

ryan-w

Agent
Jeff Gatie said:
Assuming the TV has a digital out, you must run a coax or optical from the TV to an input on the receiver.
Thanks Jeff, I can't believe I didn't think of that. LOL, I really thought I knew this stuff a little bit too. I appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks