Basic building of a home theater

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Mike Ki, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Mike Ki

Mike Ki Agent

I've been searching the forum for a while now and am getting a lot of good ideas for building my home theater. I was wondering if there is a thread or topic somewhere, where it tells you what you need, or what you should consider when building your home theater. Like a list of things you should consider before you begin construction. Not necessarily hardware, such as speakers and projectors. But more like wiring, insulation, what to put the sub box on. Any topic that outlines what you'll need for your home theater.
    Thanks Mike

2. JayBru

JayBru Auditioning

Mike - like you I am investigating, exploring and otherwise learning the ropes prior to making a significant investment in home theatre technology. Do an internet Google search with "home theater basics or terminology" and you should find some starting points. If you e-mail me directly I can supply you with some url's.

Good Luck

3. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

There's not a single thread that encompasses all of these concepts. As suggested above you'll need to keep digging and piecing it together. There are several threads in the archives of this particular forum asking these same questions. I would also encourage you to pay close attention to the "things I would have done differently" thread as that can at times be more valuable than those discussing things that went according to plan! :b

4. mark-h

mark-h Extra

Check out this link...

avsforum com

Sorry, can't post a link but that's their web site. Just follow the yellow brick road to the construction post...

5. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    You will find a lot of the same information here [​IMG] Check out the things I would have done differently thread at the top of the construction forum. There is a lot of good information there. Also change the view topics from the last X days to a higher number and just browse through the thread titles.

6. Jason Kirkpatri

Jason Kirkpatri Second Unit