What's new

Barnes & Noble Semi-Annual 50% off Criterion Sale (1 Viewer)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Almost nobody did. it was 3 discs and quite expensive for a film almost nobody knew at the time, hence the low sales. I think Mark Rance produced it and went way over budget on it as well doing a brand new translation.

Rick Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ricardo
I've just made my first online purchase at Barnes and Noble using the 20% off coupon without a problem.

I bought,

Eyes Without a Face (Bluray) 19.99
The Quiet Man (Blu ray) $11.99

Minus the 20% off coupon. Valid for a single ítem. They discounted $3 from The Quiet Man which was $14.99 (50% off).

I think I'll get the rest of the discounted olives (High Noon, Devil in Miss Jones) as soon as my membership is delivered to my inbox.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
New coupons available expiring end of Business Day Sunday (11/24) . Typical YMMV applies to stores who allow or disallow some/all coupons. Criterions still not allowed online and Preorders always excluded. Some of the 50% Art House items are quite nice prices. These all appear to be Non-member specific coupons this week,1) 30% Off single item Using Mastercard. Instore only, but it's a generic code so can be used multiple times on different transactions, different stores, etc. There is no specific coupon for this, but the code can be entered at the POS computer for discount (clerk dependent of course).See Post 1BN MAster Coupon thread 2) Email Coupons -- single use, Online or Instore -- exp 11/24 instore or 2:59am Eastern 12/25 online20% off + 10% extra if you buy with Mastercard (30% total)I do have some extras for HTF members -- if you need some just PM me and let me know how what you need.3) $10 Promotional Gift Card for purchase $75 BN GC still going on until 12/1. The promo cards are active until 12/26. You can do this once online and they'll email the promo card later or you can do multiple times in store and they should hand you the Promo card then -- or sometimes they'll give you a regular $10 GC if they're out of the PROMO cards with the added bonus that the Reg GC is active immediately.Everything still looks promising for some form of extra-good BF coupons -- fingers crossed and that one of my stores will get the Zatoichi Box in stock

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
The Mastercard coupon is messing with my plans. I was going to hit the GC promo hard and then pay for a Jan title with the promos, but now to use the 30% coupon I can't pay with giftcards.I got Frances Ha and Tokyo Story today to COMPLETE my collection.I got a GC last week that I still have like $60 on which I'll use for Zatoichi on Black Friday with the 40% coupon. I may get enough GC before that promo ends to pick up the December releases during the 40% blu sale that month. I'm debating even getting the two upgrades I was delaying to next July (eyes without a face and Cassavettes) with that generic 30% coupon...

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Me, I've had to put off this week's B&N trip, yet again, to tomorrow. Tomorrow! Oy! Life keeps getting in the way.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Charles Smith said:
I believe that post belongs in the First World Problems thread, Mr. Dickstein, sir. :)
Even better, several people are reporting that if they enter the code (the generic one) it really doesn;t matter how you pay. Obviously up to the clerk to decide if you're using a MC or not.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Coupon update -- teh hoped for 40% coupon may be a fizzle. It's appears to be in the systme, but doesntseem to be working on anything. We;ll have to see how tomorrow goes in store for the codeThere is a generic 30% code that is active online for eligible items so pretty good chance it will work in storeGot my pre-order Zatoichi box yesterday and it's a very, very nice looking boxset. Preliminary reports arethat the movies look VG to Excellent as well.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I think the 30% is for all of BF weekend and the 40% will appear at the last minute and only be good for BF or maybe even a portion of BF. I'm going to ride it out today and see if there's an email about it and if not then take the info with the coupon code in because why not. worst case I'll use the 30%

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was able to use code 706511 for 40% off on the MST3K 25th set today can't say it will work with the CC sale, didn't try.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The online code still is dead/inactive, but the fact it at least works in store is a relief.Charles -- did you use it or are you just celebrating for Tony.I have Zatoichi on hold and am really anxious to see if I can get it for an unbelievableprice instead of just a great priceSOmeone on another forum just reported success at buying Zatoichi with the 40% and a 5off50 coupon

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Sorry, that wasn't clear. I printed it from the link on the usual coupon page.

I was only buying the one item this time, so my clerk couldn't or wouldn't allow a second coupon. But I got the Zatoichi for $60.74. And you're saying someone beat my deal? This must not stand! :)

EDIT: I didn't see it earlier, but the 40%-off coupon has been moved up to the top of the page.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Charles Smith said:
Sorry, that wasn't clear. I printed it from the link on the usual coupon page. I was only buying the one item this time, so my clerk couldn't or wouldn't allow a second coupon. But I got the Zatoichi for $60.74. And you're saying someone beat my deal? This must not stand! :) EDIT: I didn't see it earlier, but the 40%-off coupon has been moved up to the top of the page.
Yep, someone added the 5off 50 code to stack so 55 and tax. I've never been able to do that witha single item, but I now own about 10 of those $0.99 CD Openers they always have right next to the counter.Add an item, add a second coupon so it nets me around $4.40 extra discount after the sales taxin accounted for.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I wouldn't have the balls to throw 5/50 onto the 40%. I'm going to go in with the 40 print out and the 30% in my pocket as a backup. Going after work to get my set.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
My balls told me the same thing, but when she'd successfully rung up the 40%, I asked if by any chance I could apply "my other coupon" -- which I'd just determined would be the $8/40.

If only! :)

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
David Norman said:
Yep, someone added the 5off 50 code to stack so 55 and tax. I've never been able to do that witha single item, but I now own about 10 of those $0.99 CD Openers they always have right next to the counter.Add an item, add a second coupon so it nets me around $4.40 extra discount after the sales taxin accounted for.
There's another way around this - their computers can do "item" coupons and "transaction" coupons. You can only have one coupon for each item, but you can also have a coupon for each total transaction, which is what the 5/50 is.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks