What's new

Barnes & Noble 40% Off Blu-ray and DVD June 14 - 20th (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Tried ordering DR. STRANGELOVE and that was $27.99

Also thinking about THE SEVENTH SEAL as I have never seen that.

So, the only way to get the discount is to use the coupon? Isn't there going to be a better 50% off sale coming soon?

To get the extra 20% you have to enter the codes, the 40% off SRP is reflected in the online price -- either the 20% single item code or the whole cart coupons that require $50+ minimum though only one code is allowed per order

The 50% sale is upcoming starting 7/5 by reports from BN employees. Many people have decided to use the BNJUNE30 coupon instead to make advance orders $150+ with the 30% off code. This gives a price of 16.79 each which is about as good as the 50% sale with 15% extra coupons (16.99). We don't know whether there will be better codes
upcoming during the sale for non-members. SInce members can add extra 15 or 20% coupons instore in addtion to their 10% member discount this nets
prices of 14.40/15.30 each for the std 39.99 SRP items.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Tried ordering DR. STRANGELOVE and that was $27.99

Also thinking about THE SEVENTH SEAL as I have never seen that.

So, the only way to get the discount is to use the coupon? Isn't there going to be a better 50% off sale coming soon?

THE SEVENTH SEAL ranks number 4 in my list of all time favourite films. Don't miss it as it is one of the all time greats in cinema history. A masterpiece .

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thanks, Peter.

As someone who recently signed up for the B&N paid club, should I be receiving coupons in my email?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Peter.

As someone who recently signed up for the B&N paid club, should I be receiving coupons in my email?

Depends on how recent. It often takes a week or two for them to get the email into their mailing list. I rejoined with a different email on 5/26 and did not receive the email
of 6/2, but did get the 6/16 email. If you signed up befoer 6/2 and didn't get this weeks email

A few questions:
Are you receiving other emails from them yet 3-4 ads a week with ads?

Add bn.com and general Barnesandnoble domain to you OK address contacts. There have always been some email clients spam filters that seem to eat BN mails.
Check you communication settings in you 'manage account' section -- make sure your account number and info is active and then that your comm is allowing them
to send you email and snail mail (honestly I suggest to open everything up for BN unlike most such sites)

Add your email address at the "Be in the Know" registration box. It's supposed to be automatic

Did you get the email with the New Member Welcome coupon set a week or so after you joined

If you still don't get the next coupon which I think comes out 6/30 then call B&N Cust Service and complain. Unlike a year or so ago this actually sometimes works
to start getting USPS and email activated.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
LAST CALL. Unless B&N extends at the last minute the current 40% Sale will extend tonight at the close of business in store and sometime
starting around 11:59pm ET. They can be some wiggle room after Midnight, but the prices often start reverting well before 3am ET/Midnight PT so
I wouldn't wait much longer.

The 20/25/30 BNJUNE30 Coupon code is still in effect and has been quite popular to use with the current sale.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yes. Plus often a handful of other items that they seem to classify as Art House though the selection is odd using that definition.

Also online and instore for items that will be released prior to the end of the sale. Sometimes the prices reflect immediately, sometimes not until
release. Most of the time no extra discounts can be applied until the item moves from Pre-order to Release item (most often b.w 12:01 to 1:30 am ET on
the official date online )

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Multiple reports now of failed BNJUNE30 across forums over the last 30 minutes. I've had some test items in my cart all weekend that I know were working that now I'm getting invalid.

Potentially a temp issue, maybe terminal issue.

I am able to get some of the other coupons to apply, just not the important one.

Take a break for an hour and see if they get enough complaints that maybe the reset the system or confirm that they screwed up for the last 66 hrs on how the coupon
was supposed to work

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
40% sale is now over and most prices have gone back to normal. The BNJUNE30 code is still active though certainly far less useful for Movies now.

Even with the odd last few hours where it appeared than many items were suddenly blocked from coupon use, the response to this style code seemed extremely positive so hopefully that will mean more of the same style in the future.

Over to the 50% Criterion sale now for the duration.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Based on past history, when do we anticipate the sale coming around again? B&N has the best price on the Vestron Video discs that Lionsgate is putting out, but I might hang on if the 40% off is just waiting in the wings around their release date.

Reactions: PMF

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Normally 40% off Bluray sales happen in June and December. Usually starts 7-10 days prior to Xmas and runs through the end of the day Christmas Eve.

DVD sometimes are included in the June sale, but not always the Xmas sale.
The 40% off sale is usually all Bluray's in store or that can be ordered Ship to Home from the store. Last 2 sales Disney/Marvel were excluded. The only 40% off is much more variable -- I think 2/3 of the stock is typical, but brand new releases, Warner Archive, Disney, a couple other specialty studio etc have often been excluded online.
The Xmas sale has historically been mostly an instore sale pushing Xmas traffic so extra coupons often are In-store only variety starting the last weekend. If it's 10+ day sale sometimes the first part of the sale does have extra discounts available for those items included.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks