What's new

Barnes & Noble 40% Off Blu-ray and DVD June 14 - 20th (1 Viewer)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I just bought the Criterion Wim Wender's Road Trilogy. MSRP $99.99. 40% off + 20% off coupon + 10% member's discount=$43.19. Slightly cheaper than the 50% off sale.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Cheaper assuming no extra coupons of course. I would guess the 20% was one of the Mailer type coupon? I don't think there are any other instore
available for the next couple of days. I have found it nearly impossible to get back on their mailing list for those coupons. I recently changed my whole account
to a new mailing.billing address so maybe a complete reboot would help. Having a couple of extra 20% around would always be nice

I don;t think anyone would argue over $43 for that set. Enjoy

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
If you have a DISCOVER card you make have the ability to get 5% rewards for ONLINE B&N purchases:
(Note this will work best if you pay off your card monthly so it doesn't have a balance. As the rewards come two months later after you would have paid for the items)

Other cards may have similar type offers but I haven't found any that do YET

EXCEPTIONS: Gift card purchases, gift wrapping, shipping, taxes, or other service fees

HERE'S HOW:
Click on Rewards
Click on Discover Deals
Click on "Search Merchants" Type in Barnes ... Barnes & Noble ONLINE will come up
Click on View deal

Click the "Shop Now" button to visit the website.
Pay with your Discover card at checkout within three hours.
Receive your Cashback Bonus within 10 weeks.

Hint you can create your cart before you go to the Discover website - it should be there. Just remember you have to do it the same session after you click the link to the B&N site.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
UPDATE: Note change in discount code for the 6/18 tiered coupon since I can't edit that post anymore

I'm not sure if I had a typo that I kept propagating in posts or BN changed the code itself.

If it was my typo it's interesting how many bots now are sending that code around to various deal sites.

Take 20% Off Orders of $50 to $99.99, 25% Off Orders of $100 to $149.99, 30% Off Orders of $150 or More
BNJUNE30 Online only from June 18, 2016 at 12:01am to June 28, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Full Coupon details

"Take 20% Off Orders of $50 to $99.99, 25% Off Orders of $100 to $149.99, 30% Off Orders of $150 or More†
†NOOK devices, NOOK Books, All LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department & Gift Cards Excluded
Expires: 06/27/2016

Online Coupon BNJUNE30 Details:

This coupon can be redeemed online at BN.com and is valid only once per customer, per billing address.

This coupon is valid from June 18, 2016 at 12:01am to June 28, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to 20% off your order of $50 to $99.99, 25% off your order of $100 to $149.99, or 30% off your order of $150 or more, while supplies last. The discount will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK Accessories that are already discounted, other select hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, Da Vinci Jr 3D Printer, Sphero products, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department and select LeapFrog products (visit http://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/term...pon-exclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for coupons or promotional discounts, (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors."

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I got a message from a poster in another forum who said he was able to get the 40% discounts in-store on 4KUHD and Warner Archive items.
The store didn't have them in stock, but he was able to initiate a ship to home order which applies store prices (not web) and store discounts (coupons, member discounts) so it appears that many/all WAV item are included for store purchase (or indirect purchase)

Disney/Marvel/Lucas OTOH do appear to be excluded again like in December.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
David Thank you for this thread
The code
BNLOVEDAD

Get 20% Off 1 Eligible Item Plus Free Express Shipping valid from June 13, 2016 at 12:01am to June 15, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time

CAN be used multiple times for the same address. I don't have a B&N account and cannot say if it will work for B&N account holders.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Now active though not functioning smoothly
Get 20% Off $50 or more
BNJUNE16 June 15, 2016 at 12:01am to June 17, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time

This coupon is acting up a bit as certain items that should qualify are working fine while others (HP Boxset, LOTR boxset) are coming back ineligible.
Don't know if this is temporary or if BN have blocked specific items from qualifying for the $50.
The odd thing is if you have an order qualifying for the $50 (APU trilogy) and then add HP Boxset the whole order discounts. This also works of preorders, textbooks
and other items that aren't usually eligible for the coupon discounts AFTER you have a qualifying $50 order

I put this in the Weekly Deals thread, but I'll copy it here for those looking for excellent deals on the new Star Trek 4KUHD discs. Both of these items can be ordered for $46 with the above code. With Amazon selling them for $3 ea and BBY.Walmart without Movie money at 29.99 ea, the B&N deal appears pretty solid and esp if it comes with the extra Movie Money stickers

There appear to be several versions of the UHD online with diff UPC (some OOS, some not). The only differences I can figure is some may have $8 Movie Cash for StarTrek Beyond and the others don't. If it comes with the cash then the effective cost is even less.

Currently instock are the UPC that trace back to Alliance/SuperD Warehouse which handles BN shipping (and BBY, Deep Discount, DVDPLanet, etc)
ST 4KUHD -- this UPC lists Movie Cash though I can't promise that on arrival
ST Into Darkness 4KUHD -- also with Movie Cash

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Now active though not functioning smoothly
Get 20% Off $50 or more
BNJUNE16 June 15, 2016 at 12:01am to June 17, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time

This coupon is acting up a bit as certain items that should qualify are working fine while others (HP Boxset, LOTR boxset) are coming back ineligible.
Don't know if this is temporary or if BN have blocked specific items from qualifying for the $50.
The odd thing is if you have an order qualifying for the $50 (APU trilogy) and then add HP Boxset the whole order discounts. This also works of preorders, textbooks
and other items that aren't usually eligible for the coupon discounts AFTER you have a qualifying $50 order

I put this in the Weekly Deals thread, but I'll copy it here for those looking for excellent deals on the new Star Trek 4KUHD discs. Both of these items can be ordered for $46 with the above code. With Amazon selling them for $3 ea and BBY.Walmart without Movie money at 29.99 ea, the B&N deal appears pretty solid and esp if it comes with the extra Movie Money stickers

There appear to be several versions of the UHD online with diff UPC (some OOS, some not). The only differences I can figure is some may have $8 Movie Cash for StarTrek Beyond and the others don't. If it comes with the cash then the effective cost is even less.

Currently instock are the UPC that trace back to Alliance/SuperD Warehouse which handles BN shipping (and BBY, Deep Discount, DVDPLanet, etc)
ST 4KUHD -- this UPC lists Movie Cash though I can't promise that on arrival
ST Into Darkness 4KUHD -- also with Movie Cash

BNJUNE16 does not work for online pre-orders e.g."The Ox-Bow Incident" (eg if it is in your cart part of the >$50) This does not have to do with it being KINO as another item in the cart was Kino and it WAS eligible for another discount :

I was able to use the 20% off codes to get 20% off one item in my cart (not TOBI)

HHBK75YX8KYR8 -- expires 6/20 2:59am ET
MAR3YJY37QPKS -- expires 6/20 2:59am ET

But I was only able to use one on the order as it would not accept both (I had three items).

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
BNJUNE16 does not work for online pre-orders e.g."The Ox-Bow Incident" (eg if it is in your cart part of the >$50) This does not have to do with it being KINO as another item in the cart was Kino and it WAS eligible for another discount :

I was able to use the 20% off codes to get 20% off one item in my cart (not TOBI)

HHBK75YX8KYR8 -- expires 6/20 2:59am ET
MAR3YJY37QPKS -- expires 6/20 2:59am ET

But I was only able to use one on the order as it would not accept both (I had three items).

BN coupons are limited to one per order and with all the YMMV I never seen that one broken

I just tried with OX-Bow and I got the 20% discount on it so it will work, but the code has been flaky all day. So far I haven't found any movie item that wouldn;t work with though sometimes with a bit of work.

The best sequence I find to get it to work:
Start with a clean browser. Add whatever qualifying items (non preorders, etc) to reach your $50, add BNJUNE16 to make sure it applies,
then add Ox-Bow and/or whatever else you might want. It's not critical, but it works best to get an applied coupon first then pile on.

Once you get a Invalid coupon message then I found Firefox was very difficult to get a known good item to work until I cleared all my BN cache/cookies.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I have found it nearly impossible to get back on their mailing list for those coupons.

I'm not sure how they decide which members get coupons and which do not. I bought a membership in January and have only received one email with coupons (the "Welcome" email), and one set in the mail. Quite pitiful. Thank goodness for this thread, though I've had to go through so many contortions to get their website to function that I'm not sure it's even worth it. Amazon prices are usually within a few cents without the hassle.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I guess, but if you only really started in January don;t dismiss them yet since the 1st half of the year is usually dead for BN
OTOH, my normal BN purchases are often 30% below Amazon best prices if you include either discounted GC and/or 5% CC rewards. So much depends on your purchase mix. your local stores, and access to extras discounts. BN makes you work for it. but often when their systme works for you the savings can be rather impressive.

The July/Nove Criterion deals, 40% June an Dec and BBC Dec sales can be astounding.

A regular 39.99 Criterion for $14-15 at Amazon? That's my upper price limit at BN. 11-12 isn;t all that unusual espe around BF.

Currently Wrath of Khan for $11 or the 4KUHD of ST for 23ea (vs 43 at Amazon or 30 at BBY/WM) just pummel pretty much anyone.

Have you called CS to see about snail mail coupons?
The email coupons I don't know why, but sometimes (increasingly often) contacting phone CS if finally kicks in.
If you;ve not already at least add your email at the BE IN THE KNOW box on most webpages.

Last edited:

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
6/16 update.

Instore coupons arrived in emails this morning as expected -- 15% single item codes.

If anyone needs them or needs extras just let me know how many you can use -- PM works best.
These can be especially helpful for those items that are 40% off in store but not online.

The new type online whole cart discount codes seem to be quite popular and if the "up to 30%" works like it
should on Saturday it could be even better. Several folks are already making big carts of Criterions figuring $16.80ea is good enough to lock in now and not wait for a Maybe Better deal next month.

Some of the international customers are particularly happy with this development and since they fixed the shipping rates last fall after teh summer disaster when shipping costs tripled/quadrupled over previous levels. Now the best of both worlds for them

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Take 20% Off Orders of $50 to $99.99, 25% Off Orders of $100 to $149.99, 30% Off Orders of $150 or More
BNJUNE30 from June 18, 2016 at 12:01am to June 28, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

Code has been active since midnight and functioning as expected. It has some similar issues with the earlier 20% is that there seem to be some items that aren't working with
it so B&N seems to have excluded them (HP complete and LOTR Extended Boxset are the common reports thought there may be others).

Like before it also seems to be allowing discounts to preorders/ineligible items (like HP Complete, textbooks, Legos, etc) AFTER you meet the qualifying levels with normal eligible items. The preorder/ineligible items will not let you qualify or advance the discount % at the 50/100/150 levels, but once you have eligible items at that discount level any 'ineligible' item seems to get the same discount.

The same issues also seem to be happening it you happen to get an error/ineligible coupon message. In FF at least after I got an error message, even when I went back to an item I know worked the code wouldn't apply until I cleared the browser cache/cookies (or went to a different browser)

My suggestion for the best sequence to get it to work:
Start with a clean browser. Add whatever qualifying items (non preorders, etc) to reach your $50/100/150 level , add BNJUNE30 to make sure it applies,
then add any other add-on items you want to order. It's not critical, but it works best to get the coupon applied first then go crazy from that point

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
The recent Buster Keaton shorts collection is finally back in stock. With the 40% off plus a 20% code from the post above I got it for $28.70 + tax. (W member free shipping)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
An excellent deal for sure

That was one of the items that I'm considering in my order along with the other new Blurays --

Buster Keaton Shorts $25
Vincent Price Vol3, $29
Film Noir The Dark Side of Cinema $25
Pete Walker Vol 2 $34

With the added 30% code that should come out to around $113

Last edited:

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Generally their prices are a little high. But combining their frequent member e-mailed 20% off coupons with sales like these and the criterions I make back the $25 fee and then some. I recently purchased The People that time forgot using a coupon and it came out $1.10 cheaper than bb and amazon regular price. The buster keaton set was $41.99 at B&N, amazon and best buy the week it came out. And a lot of the warner archive discs are 17.99 at B&N. (Except for she wore a yellow ribbon for some reason.)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just had a very successful trip to my local B&N store.

I was armed with two 20% coupons (mailed to me) and one 20% coupon (emailed to me).

I wasn't even thinking that I'd use all three on movies. My "to watch" queue has gotten out of hand.

But that silly notion flew out the window as I quickly had five titles in hand and had to start making hard choices.

I ended up with:

The Coen Brothers set: $17.27
Here Comes Mr. Jordan. $17.27
Gilda: $17.27

And a kids DVD for my granddaughter.

Each of the three titles above was priced $39.99.

With trepidation, I approached the clerk...unsure she'd let me use all three coupons in one visit. She was enthusiastic and explained that they just adjusted their registers to accept multiple coupons in a single transaction!

Easy peasy. And a great deal!

Thanks again, David, for all the info you provide here.

I opted for the Coen set--even though Fargo was already in my collection--after reading about Blood Simple and Miller's Crossing in Ron's "discovery" thread. Plus I've never seen Raising Arizona and always hear good things about it.

Last edited:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tried ordering DR. STRANGELOVE and that was $27.99

Also thinking about THE SEVENTH SEAL as I have never seen that.

So, the only way to get the discount is to use the coupon? Isn't there going to be a better 50% off sale coming soon?

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Tried ordering DR. STRANGELOVE and that was $27.99

Also thinking about THE SEVENTH SEAL as I have never seen that.

So, the only way to get the discount is to use the coupon? Isn't there going to be a better 50% off sale coming soon?

Courtesy of David Norman:
Semi- Annual Thread Bump unless folks would prefer to start and individual thread

Criterion 50% Sale update -- it appears the is now confirmed for 7/5/2016 through 8/1/2016 from a B&N employee from Blu-ray

I purchased "The Seventh Seal" when the sale started and using the code that David provided was able to get it on bluray for about $19.19 shipped. That code is no longer valid but I think 2- 3 Criterions that add up to over 50.00
can get an additional discount of 20 %

I haven't watched the bluray but I saw the film when our PBS station would air foreign films on Friday nights.

SS is a classic film that has been parodied. And watching, I could not help thinking of the parody.

It's not everyone's cuppa, but at least you will be able to have said you've seen it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks