What's new

Barnes and Noble Criterion Online sale 06-30-14-07-28-14! (1 Viewer)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yep, gonna have to cash in some Discover cashback rewards points for some B&N GCs... :D Hope there'll be some coupons coming as well...

_Man_

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
There are supposed to be some 15/20% coupons by email sent out next week active for 7/3 through 7/6 instore -- usually those arrive on Thursday morning though with the Friday holiday there's a chance they could send then Wednesday instead.Then there are always the New Member coupons $5off $50 Total Purchase and the ambiguous $8off40 single item which reside over on Laser Movies DVDTalk forumBN Coupon Thread Hopefully the Mods can change the title of the thread when the dates are more concrete though the 7/1 -- 7/28 is the widely reported sales date online including a picture of the Signage.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
David Norman said:
There are supposed to be some 15/20% coupons by email sent out next week active for 7/3 through 7/6 instore -- usually those arrive on Thursday morning though with the Friday holiday there's a chance they could send then Wednesday instead.YMMV; During the last sale my B&N wouldn't apply additional coupon discounts to the Criterions.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Peter McM said:
YMMV; During the last sale my B&N wouldn't apply additional coupon discounts to the Criterions.
That's always disturbing to hear when some stores do things so differently than others even in the same city.The really odd thing is when different stores POS computer seem to react differently when a coupon is scanned -- one store itwill automatically apply it, other store it will Beep/Reject and the nicer clerks will manually enter it, soem storeswon't add the coupon if the Computer won't accept it. It's really bad when the clerks won't even attempt to scan a coupon and categorically deny it even if the POS computer might OK it (rarely even run into this personally, but certainly many people have).The same policy variation shows upwith different managers in the same store and different clerks on different shifts. LuckilyI've always had pretty good success at most of my local stores though over the years I now have a few clerks whorecognize me and I know how they process items -- with the exception of the $8off coupon thatI've rarely been allowed to use.I have run into multiple variations of how to use coupons:1 coupon per transaction period, but will do multiple independent transactions1 unique ID coupon per item, but will do multiple items per purchase.1 Coupon per visit to store.Will allow 1 coupon per item, but only 1 type coupon per transaction even if coupons have unique ID (1 15%, 1 20%,1 $5off, etc)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Gentlemen, start your engines.

The sale begins today (6/30) online, and tomorrow in the stores.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For those members (or trial members) who need/want to order online and don't have local storesthat are coupon friendly or you just don't want to go there.There are a few coupons that seem to be currently active. These Don't work on preorders however.The New Member codes from the link in Post 4 seems to work for now. Normally BN will block thesecoupons from Online Criterions so I don't know how long this will work.There does seem to be a 10% item coupon that works -- i think it's a member only, but itlooks like a single use per account code J3P4X4YThe $5off50 definitely works.The $8off40 item coupon will work, but only is a single item is at least $40 pretax in your cart. Instore folks know this sometimes works a bit differently

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I see it conveniently ends one day before The Big Chill comes out on July 29. I guess that can wait until November. A Hard Day's Night is up for now.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hollywoodaholic said:
I see it conveniently ends one day before The Big Chill comes out on July 29. I guess that can wait until November. A Hard Day's Night is up for now.

There always seems to be that last item though last July BN got permission to release Devils Backbone a week early so it would
fall within the sale and then extended the sale a week on top of that -- so there is hope.
It looks like they're extending the sale week on the front end this year so we;ll see what happens near the end.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Konstantinos said:
How can I use the $5off50 coupon online?
Where do I find the code?
All the current new member codes are in the link in Post 4 which goes to the most comprehensive site I know for BN coupons.

Specifically the $5off50 code is T9B8A9J and expires 8/24. You have to be a member to use the code however, but it's easy enough
to add a Free 60 day Trial membership during checkout if you're not already a member. It gives full member privileges and as long as you cancel
by day 59 you don't have to pay the $25 annual fee.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
The bluray of blue is the warmest color is normally 24.99 an unusual price for criterion. What it means is if you buy it and three titles regularly priced 29.99 after the 50% discount and the 10% member discount the price at the register is 51.73 which is the best deal you can get with criterions with the 5 off 50 coupon. That makes it 46.73 for four titles plus tax.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That is the only Criterion BD with that price that I'm aware. The strong rumors are that Criterion will be releasing an upgraded
version in the fall with extended scenes and a lot more extras, but for $10 it's almost a no brainer just to buy this one now
and upgrade/sell the original when the Dlx version shows up. At least that's my plan since I bought it a couple weeks ago cheap

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
David Norman said:
There always seems to be that last item though last July BN got permission to release Devils Backbone a week early so it would
fall within the sale and then extended the sale a week on top of that -- so there is hope.
It looks like they're extending the sale week on the front end this year so we;ll see what happens near the end.
And don't forget, last November they extended the sale at the last minute to include the release date of the massive Zatoichi set - I think Criterion even sent out an email advertising the fact. I know many of us picked that bad boy up at 50% off. So I'd say the odds are good that Big Chill will get pulled into the sale.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
For those that are interested, the online sale still is allowing coupons. No way to know if this is temporary or a new policy for this sale. It's been a couple years since they allowed full discount codes to be used online for more than few hours.

I do have some extra 15% off codes (single item, one time use, expires 7/7 at 2:59 am Eastern) if any HTF members here need some. These are nonmember codes and anyone can use them whether they are a member or not and are online or in-store eligible. Pre-orders not eligible.
Just send me a PM and let me know what you can use

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
TravisR said:
Anyone know why The Night Of The Hunter Blu-ray/DVD combo has an MSRP of $50? I thought the original Blu-ray-only release was $40.
The original was $50 as well.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Excellent sale and nice that recently released titles such as A Hard Day's Night and All That Heaven Allows are included. I agree with some of the other posters on the Forum that the colors are a bit oversaturated in parts of All That Heaven Allows, but overall a wonderful job by Criterion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks