What's new

Barnaby Jones hope? (1 Viewer)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Excellent news, split or not it's mine. A bit far away from now, but hey it's coming! Hopefully 2010 is another really good Paramount DVD year for their TV archive classics. Other studios like Universal, Warner and Columbia better start shaping up...

Duane Alford

Second Unit
Originally Posted by peggy

That is fantastic news, I just hope it is true. Once again season one was only 13 episodes, so I really can't see them spliting that up.
Yeah I just noticed that, I think I'll wait till Season 2 to see whether we'll get a whole season or a split season. If we get the whole Season 2 I'll buy the first two seasons, otherwise, no way.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Isn't something better than nothing? I don't get the backing away from the split seasons, sure I dislike them badly too, but it seems to be the way they go with certain titles. And if people don't buy Paramount's split sets, then that's the one studio we'll never see a good many shows coming from. A full season set is no sure bet a release will continue, as we've seen with Kojak or The Fall Guy, etc.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I usually wait to order a slit season a few weeks after it comes out and get it Used-like new. Usually that means the product is brand new but has a cut in the bar code or something. I don't care if it has a cut in the bar code. It saves me money.

carrington

Auditioning
Real Name
tim
I,m another person who would like to barnaby jones as well as well dan august get released out on DVD

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
Nice to see that this was confirmed today over on tvshowondvd.com. The first season will be released on Feb.16th 2010. Even better it states that it will be the original broadcast episodes.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Looking forward to this one. After reading the TSoD post, I didn't see any of the 1st half-season shows back then so it'll be a new view for this one.

Busy day updating my Excel DVD list. Vega$ S1 V2 and now this one.

Peggy, I agree (good news / orig eps). CBS/P does a good job with their TV/DVD releases as a rule - uncut episodes most of the time. I don't have any of their releases with cut eps in them. They don't do as good with the music edits.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
According to the Paramount syndication bible, the first 13 episodes have been transferred to HD (unlike poor old Cannon ), so the picture quality should be A+.

Montytc

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim Montavon
This is exciting news for me. I loved the 70's detective shows, and this is one of the last ones that was not represented in my collection. I don't know if I will make it through 8 seasons, but first we will have to see how many actually get released.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i am looking forward this release, especially seeing the episode that George (Cheers) talks about in one of the Cheers episodes.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
The thing about Barnaby Jones sales is that like a lot of shows that lasted 8 seasons the fans are really split on this show. When they brought Mark Shera on in the 5th season it really changed the show and it brought the show a lot of new fans and it also lost the show a lot of fans. I know from participating on a discussion group which gets into some pretty heated discussions that a lot of later fans won't buy the early seasons which is shame since we may never get the later seasons because of that.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by peggy ">[/url]

The thing about Barnaby Jones sales is that like a lot of shows that lasted 8 seasons the fans are really split on this show. When they brought Mark Shera on in the 5th season it really changed the show and it brought the show a lot of new fans and it also lost the show a lot of fans. I know from participating on a discussion group which gets into some pretty heated discussions that a lot of later fans won't buy the early seasons which is shame since we may never get the later seasons because of that.[/QUOTE]Your post reminded me of the distant past with this show. It reminds me how long it's been since I've seen any of these episodes. I remember Mark Shera now but only after you jogged my foggy memory

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed that you can pre-order this on Amazon already, how long before there is a link from TSoD to order it from there?

Real Name
Christian
I´m so happy that they bring out Barnaby Jones. Let´s cross all our fingers that they don´t destroy the original music as they did with The Fugitive Season 2.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
appears these DVDs will look better than Cannon cause the Paramount Bible has the first 13 episodes listed as transfered to HD.

Also the first season of Matt Houston is in HD

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
And speaking of both William Conrad and Lee Horsley, fingers crossed for Nero Wolfe eventually which is Paramount too, two birds with one stone there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks