What's new

Banshee - Cinemax (1 Viewer)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
This show started last Friday, I caught it on OnDemand. Cool premise, guy gets out of jail, tries to find his girlfriend that he was doing the crime with that put him in jail, he sacrificed himself so she didn't get popped too. Circumstances happen in the town where his ex-gf lives that allow him to take the identity of the new sheriff of the town. First ep was very good and I'm in for the long haul.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I can give it a go.. ondemand on a Sunday with nothing better? (I must be the only person who DVR's the football games just so I can zip through them later without all the commercials and garbage)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
You only have one more pro football game until preseason in the late summer. :) (I don't count the Pro Bowl, they may was well just make it pro flag football bowl game, that game is a joke).

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by mattCR
I can give it a go.. ondemand on a Sunday with nothing better? (I must be the only person who DVR's the football games just so I can zip through them later without all the commercials and garbage)
Are you kidding me? That's the only way to watch. Just for that excruciating series after a scoring play of commercial break, touchback, commercial break. Halftime highlights are watchable on regular season Sundays, but on Mon night, Sun night, Thurs night, and playoffs, it's totally skippable.
I actually had to stop playing fantasy football because I kept spoiling the games I was watching on delay when checking how my team was doing live.
I'll check out Banshee.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I'm up to ep. 4 - and I'm still digging the show. And boy is it violent. As a sheriff he's making it up as he's going along - there was one scene where he had to fill out an incident report and he's very confused. I was wondering what he was going to do in situations like this but one of his deputies comes in, sees the mess he's making of the reports and tells him the previous sheriff had his secretary fill out the reports for him. Very relieved and now allows him to continue kicking a** with abandon. Which will ultimately be his undoing, but not until at least season 2 of which they just got renewed for.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I didn't like the angle of the 4th episode. The first three were general fun. Edited for better explanation: The first four or five minutes of Episode 4 confuse me.. so he's back also as a criminal? That's the part that I'm a bit baffled by, and I couldn't figure out what he stole because it never seemed to come up again. Maybe it will in future eps.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I've watched the first 3 episodes and have been enjoying the show, but I have to say, that whole fight scene with the boxer might have lost me. I know the show isn't meant to be realistic at all, and you have to suspend disbelief, but that whole situation just seemed so pointless. He should have been arrested on the spot, along with the boxer. Was it just to get video made so now I'm sure "Mr. Rabbit" will see it online? And that's beside the fact that there's now public video of a Sheriff assaulting a perpetrator. Also, maybe I missed something, but what was the point to "what's her name" going to see Mr. Rabbit? I just assumed she killed him with whatever she injected him with but that was not the case. Was she just hoping he would take the diamonds and consider them square and when he didn't she did that?

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I didn't like the angle of the 4th episode. The first three were general fun.
Edited for better explanation:
The first four or five minutes of Episode 4 confuse me.. so he's back also as a criminal? That's the part that I'm a bit baffled by, and I couldn't figure out what he stole because it never seemed to come up again. Maybe it will in future eps.
I'm with you. That was kind of out of nowhere. This show is pretty ridiculous in a lot of ways, but I have to admit I'm entertained by it so I guess it's all good. I suppose it's a guilty pleasure so bring it on.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Another thing on the 4th episode (I still haven't watched last night's). I know we don't know where Banshee is in relation to Harrisburg, but I'm guessing it's more than a few minutes!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This show needs some kind of "common sense consultant" that is present during all filming and lets the director know when something really ridiculous is going on. Perhaps that person could have let them know that it was absurd for a trained deputy to fire about 10 rounds from fairly close range to a bunch of bikers not moving very fast (some not moving at all) and to miss on EVERY SINGLE SHOT.
If anyone involved in this show is reading this, I am available...

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Just watched ep. 5. I do like waiting for the fights that this show puts up, and there are several characters that can kick butt. During the alley scene, my wife said, "wait a minute, doesn't she know how to fight?" I thought the same thing. But then you realize that in her old life she kicked butt and in her new life, her husband know nothing of her butt kicking days and if she did, it would make him suspicious. I didn't like that the "sheriff" gave over the evidence for the location of the bikers. Although, the guy Kai killed is hardly an upstanding citizen in Hood's frontier justice mind, this is probably ok - for now. I also like the scenes with Rebecca. ;-)

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I just found it on MaxGo. Click on search and then type Banshee. It will come up. Why it's not in the series tab is a mystery.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Excellent!!! Thanks Mark! I did a search this morning only using Ban and it returned some stuff, but not the show. Guess I have to stop being so lazy and spell things out!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Originally Posted by ScottH
I've watched the first 3 episodes and have been enjoying the show, but I have to say, that whole fight scene with the boxer might have lost me. I know the show isn't meant to be realistic at all, and you have to suspend disbelief, but that whole situation just seemed so pointless. He should have been arrested on the spot, along with the boxer. Was it just to get video made so now I'm sure "Mr. Rabbit" will see it online? And that's beside the fact that there's now public video of a Sheriff assaulting a perpetrator.
Also, maybe I missed something, but what was the point to "what's her name" going to see Mr. Rabbit? I just assumed she killed him with whatever she injected him with but that was not the case. Was she just hoping he would take the diamonds and consider them square and when he didn't she did that?
You might have: Carrie/Anna is Mr Rabbit's daughter. When he was passed out, she kissed him and said "Goodbye, Daddy". Which also explains why Mr Rabbit only seems to want "Lucas" dead, not Carrie/Anna.
Speaking of which, I can't even remember what Hood's real name is; did it ever get mentioned in first ep? It's not on IMDB.
Agreed the fight was a bit OTT. Also, I was wondering if Hood was playing a little rope-a-dope, i.e. taking it 'easy' early on, but in retrospect I think he really was taking a beating, and only gained the upper hand later after he'd clocked "the champ" on the head with a beer bottle, which presumably made him woozy.
Also interesting to see that Proctor's besuited, bespectacled, bow-tie wearing personal assistant is himself a maniacal killer.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
The first four or five minutes of Episode 4 confuse me.. so he's back also as a criminal? That's the part that I'm a bit baffled by, and I couldn't figure out what he stole because it never seemed to come up again. Maybe it will in future eps.
I suppose a sheriff's pay isn't enough. He still owes Job at least $10,000 for the paperwork, and when Job showed up he claimed $750K, for the blown-up hairdressing salon.
He was trying to steal a painting, which he was carrying in that plastic tube with carrying strap over his shoulder while running inside the museum, but once the state police showed up, he abandoned it with the first two officers he took down. He later told Sugar (the bar-owner former champion boxer) that as a thief, one 'rule' is that if the heist goes bad, leave the "swag".

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Yee-Ming
You might have: Carrie/Anna is Mr Rabbit's daughter. When he was passed out, she kissed him and said "Goodbye, Daddy". Which also explains why Mr Rabbit only seems to want "Lucas" dead, not Carrie/Anna.
Yeah I got all that. Still don't really understand why she went there.
Just watched this week's episode. I want to know who thought a 13 minute fight scene was a good idea. Well, at least it was broken up a bit by other scenes, so it wasn't 13 consecutive minutes, but good lord. I guess the writers needed a break that day.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I agree that the fight in this weeks episode was way too long and boring. I did like the other plot lines though and it will be interesting when 'Hood' goes to ask Kai for help with Rabbit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks