What's new

Banana Plugs? (1 Viewer)

Chris:C

Auditioning
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so forgive me if this is a dumb question.:crazy: I was wondering what benefits there are in using banana plugs. Do they provide better sound or make easer to connect to the receiver? :confused:

Any help would be appreciated.
Chris :D

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have never seen one banana that could prevent corrosion.

FYI: You are not allowed to list your gear in your signature. It complicates the search function.

Chris:C

Auditioning
So is it better to use banana plugs or should I do without them? If I do get some, what type is the best? Are there any drawbacks to using them?

Thanks a lot! :D
Chris

Erik Cartman

Auditioning
Assuming you attach your wire to the bannana plug well (e.g., silver solder) you will get the most conductive connection possible to five-way binding posts and this includes spades--at least according to tests run by Dunleavy Labs which I would trust much more than the hokum, hyperbole and other nonsense that gets passed around, even by audio magazines, as if it were gospel even though there are no quantifiable tests to back up the assertion.

Now, regarding whether or not you'll hear the difference; that's fodder for another argument.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks