What's new

Bakshi's New Adventures of Mighty Mouse (1 Viewer)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I wonder if we'll ever see these on DVD ?

This would be a no-brainer if they could squeeze all X episodes in a single package.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
That would be fantastic...this show is great largely in thanks to the one and only John K., IMO.

I'd like the new Beany and Cecil, also.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I used to watch this show on Saturday mornings, funny stuff. But what was the controversy surrounding it that killed the show? Mighty Mouse sniffed some flowers and it looked like cocaine or something like that??

Alex-C

Screenwriter
You know what is funny about that whole thing. When I see the ads that are geared straight at kids these days, the MM thing seems soooo timid. I mean, talk about loosing of values or standards.

The commercials that run during Sat Morning Cartoons: most of the time a kid takes a bite of (fill in product) and then goes completely berserk in a kaleidoscope fantasy dream state for the next 30 seconds floating and spinning in space and the dog is talking upside down on the ceiling and a monkey in a tuxedo comes by and coughs up 3 mice who dance and juggle marbles for a few seconds.

All Mighty Mouse did was force some villain to do shrooms and freak out a bit.....

;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
in one ep the kid mouse has a flower that he put in his pocket. when he takes it out it is now a white powder, and he sniffs it up into his nose. it was cut from the ep after the first time it aired.

i watched every one of them and have a tape with 1 or 2 on it.

great stuff.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Lol at Tony d post ! I think we will see the terrytoons version before Bakshi version on dvd ! Did you guys hear the rumours about a live action mighty mouse being made, and he will be cgi.

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I watched TNAOMM religiously when it was on and I swear that I saw an episode where MM takes out a sheet (acid looking tabs) and wipes them all over the tongue of a bad guy who is in a headlock, and then he lets the bad guy go who then goes berserk.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Ah, Ralph Bakshi & John K.- a match made in cartoon heaven. Or hell depending on if you're a network censor or a concerned parent. :D

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I can see it now, Mighty mouse and Oil can harry in how high part 2 , mouse in da house. The dialougue would go like this, mighty mouse will say im so wasted ! Oil can harry will then run away screaming, lol !:D

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
The boys are back in town!

Veteran animation director Ralph Bakshi (LORD OF THE RINGS, HEAVY METAL, COOL WORLD) is joining forces with REN & STIMPY creator John Kricfalusi to produce a slate of low-budget animated features aimed at adults, according to VARIETY. Both animators are known for locking horns with studio and network execs while creating some of the most influential animation productions. Bakshi and Kricfalusi plan to make animated features, costing under $10M, that are an alternative to the family slates at the majors. Working through Kricfalusi's Spumco studio, their first project will be an R-rated teen exploitation pic, BOBBY'S GIRL, which they wrote when they worked together on THE NEW ADVENTURES OF MIGHTY MOUSE. Executive producers Eric Gardner and Kevin Kolde will take the film to market. Bakshi has been creating and exhibiting his fine art while Kricfalusi is finishing up new episodes of REN & STIMPY are slated to air on the new TNN in June 2003.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
spumco.com was john k's website for awhile but it seems to have been down for a long time. does anyone know if he has a new site runnning now?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Reviving an old thread since I just saw that this appears to be coming out, and I've heard not a word about it. Anyone have any news of specs or anything? For Bakshi and John K fans, this is a must have, I just hope it's not hacked to bits.

http://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Mouse-New-Adventures-Complete/dp/B002RS7ND0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1261599341&sr=8-1

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Sorry, can the mods pull this or something? The search feature pulled the weasel on me. I did a search while in the TV section and this thread came up. I thought it odd that it posted in the movies area, and doing a second search, this thread came up:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/293738/ralph-bakshi-s-mighty-mouse-01-05-10

So this discussion should get linked to that new thread, and hopefully someone can post any release info there.

thanks

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Russell: your second post is the thread that I started in October. I'm surprised there has been no response, or further discussion, on the subject.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
WOW! Can't wait. Thanks for the info Russell & Peter, cause I hadn't heard of this. I just ordered it. This was FUNNY stuff.

Russell, I'm surprised you even found this thread through the search. I have terrible luck with searching through here anymore.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
The review copy of this arrived today. I'll get started on it tomorrow. I hope to have a review up at some point this weekend.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by MattH.

The review copy of this arrived today. I'll get started on it tomorrow. I hope to have a review up at some point this weekend.
Great to hear Matt, I look forward to hearing what you have to say! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks