What's new

Bad Movies We Love 1960s to present (1 Viewer)

JeanLouis

Auditioning
Real Name
Jean-Louis
Great book that should have had multiple editions updated yearly. Being a "Bad Movies We Love"-lover and knowing how much I love Margulies and Rebello's book, friends sent me some clips that made me realize that the concept is back in a big way. I am in bad movie heaven.

Must-reads!

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/new-news/so-bad-theyre-brilliant-the-wicker-man/2254

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/new-news/so-bad-theyre-brilliant-chers-chastity/2191

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Is that your web site Jean-louis?

I got pop-unders on that site even with a blocker turned on.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Darrell, I'll echo you on "The Swarm." I was just watching it on Netflix streaming and had forgotten just how godawful it is. It couldn't be a bigger parody of itself if the Zucker Bros. had made it. How could Irwin Allen and all those famous actors work with such atrocious dialogue and keep straight faces?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I doubt it is there website, movies.com has been around a while I think, but it's always been crap.

I will concur on the above with "Leonard Part VI" It is AWFUL, but it is also BRILLIANT in that I wonder at many moments if it is purposely terrible to play up as completely insane camp.

A film that has GOOD reviews but people often dismiss is "Back to the Beach"

"25 years ago, my parents where the most popular teenagers in America.."

I'm sorry, the intro of this movie KILLS me everytime. It's light, rompy fun and I laugh frequently..

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Camps

Darrell, I'll echo you on "The Swarm." I was just watching it on Netflix streaming and had forgotten just how godawful it is. It couldn't be a bigger parody of itself if the Zucker Bros. had made it. How could Irwin Allen and all those famous actors work with such atrocious dialogue and keep straight faces?

Irwin Allen never gave a crap about good dialogue. For him, it was always about what sort of visual effects he could put on screen. God, JeanLouis, did you have to post a closeup of the woman with the Ugliest Eyes On Earth? :)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I have been surpised that someone like Image hasn't yet released the godawful but wonderfully entertaining FIRE MAIDENS FROM OUTER SPACE. This is one of the few sci-fi disasters never to see a DVD release.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Dick

I have been surpised that someone like Image hasn't yet released the godawful but wonderfully entertaining FIRE MAIDENS FROM OUTER SPACE. This is one of the few sci-fi disasters never to see a DVD release.

Yes, I am surprised as well. I would love to see the 98 lb weakling of a monster again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks