What's new

Bad DVD Cover Art (1 Viewer)

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I know you shouldn't judge a DVD by it's cover but... I'm an artist... so bad artwork really...pains me. :P It doesn't stop me from buying a movie I really like. But I've gotta bitch and moan about it anyway.

It's true, a lot of region 1 DVD covers suck compared to other regions.

Region 2

And...Region 1

Region 2

And...Region 1

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Just seeing the prevelance of DTS on those Region 2 covers annoys me too. Not too bring up a DD vs. DTS argument or anything, but I wouldn't mind a little more fairness among the regions...

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well that's why it's nice to see sights like DVDCoverart.com and all the budding cover creators who have more imagination than a thousand studio execs... which means the studios will be presurring those sites away eventually so the Bad Floating Head shots can continue. It seems "Joe Six pack" mentality applies to cover art as well.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
I agree about Ninja Turtles, I would have bought it when I saw it the store the other day, as I had fond memories of that film, but when I saw the cover art I immediately thought to myself "uh, this doesn't looks as good as I remembered it" and put it back. BAD COVER ART DOES EFFECT SALES!

On the other hand, I disagree about Sleeping Beauty, I think Region 1 is better.

Kai Zas

Second Unit

It's like they are denying the existence of the internet or something. They think we realy are contained in our regions. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks