What's new

"Backdraft" anniversary DVD coming (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
I did. It's a reference to Iron Chef which uses the theme from Backdraft as its opening and closing.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
No, that was the nutter who likes taking cotton and paper and striking it with the bell, or was it the other way LOL around, you got me lost on this now, LOL.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Just saw this thread...anyone have any more info? According to The Digital Bits and Amazon, it's a 2-disc edition. I've held off buying this in hopes of an SE - I can't believe it's taken this long to have one produced.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II

I did know what you were talking about with the John Carpenter and Kurt Russell commentary tracks. I've listened to the one for The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China, dammit! You're really pissing me off, Andy.:angry:

Hey, there's a nice cover art picture at dvdactive.com. Just look up Backdraft: Anniversary Edition. Seems I rely on dvdactive and davisdvd for my DVD news more of the time since thedigitalbits.com "appears" to get their information slower and those two guys get it faster. Depends on certain ones, though.

This is a 100% purchase from me.

Here's the link to DVDActive.com. It verifies it's a 2-Disc (word of note. a "disc" is a circular object. a "disk" is a square one") Set. Want menu screenshots too? And technically this isn't a double-dip since the first edition was released back in the infancy of the format. More like a justified release to me.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/backdraft.html

Comment on the artwork and such. TheDigitalBits is sure to get the artwork in awhile and claim that they got it first. Well, they didn't this time...

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
My SD-DVD copy arrived 2 days ago.

Initial impressions, as I can find no reviews on line, are:
Watched first 10 mins, picture looks excellent, also looks the right 2.35 ratio this time. Looks like a new movie no artifacts etc.
The deleted scenes are on the same disc, just over 40 mins worth (I think this is due to 2nd disc being only a single layer) These though are full frame (open matte?) and are of b-roll standard.

The Director intro plays automatically every time you watch the movie but can be skipped as it's ok once...........shame he couldn't do a commentary with Kurt Russell.

Comes in a shiny card slipcase which is exactly the same as the DVD cover. This I've never understood, if you're going to put a slip case on a DVD at least make it a bit different to the DVD case otherwise why bother?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks