What's new

Back to the Future Rumor (1 Viewer)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Maybe it's schedule for Christmas as a barebones release soon to be followed in February by Back to the Future Ultimate Edition.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

CraigMc

Grip
I would have thought we may have heard stronger rumours by this time if we were looking at a christmas release too
frown.gif

Sadly, one of my favourite movies of all time, and I still haven't seen it in widescreen.
I remember when I first saw Star Wars in widescreen, it was a Revelation! Suddenly I saw all this other stuff I had never seen before.
I was an immediate convert.
I wish I could see BTTF in widescreen - the DVDs will solve this for me, so where are they!?!
angry.gif

------------------
Craig McDonald

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I think there is a VHS W/S boxset over her in the UK. Someone said they'd raised the price due to the lack of any alternative...

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Taken from the July 2000 edition of The Rumor Mill at The Digital Bits: ( http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormillarc11.html
So, does anyone know if this overseas version ever came out in January 2001, as the poster shows above? Or did that get delayed, too? Maybe this can be a sort of barometer for what's going on in Region 1 (at least with this title; as we all know there's nothing like consistancy for street dates between two regions!).
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
My 3-year-old enjoying Superman - The Movie in widescreen:
Steve_Widescreen.jpg

(Some of my DVD's are to the left side of the picture)

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
While the DVD's will be awesome, they won't be quite the "revelation" that Star Wars was in widesecreen, since a "widescreen" BTTF is just matting the top and bottom, not gaining 40% of the image like you were with Star Wars. (Yes, the exception to this is the special effects footage, but BTTF 1 doesn't have that much. BTTF 2 has quite a bit more. And I had the widescreen Laserdiscs, so I am a huge fan of widescreen BTTF. I just didn't want anyone to be disappointed.)

CraigMc

Grip
Yeah I figured the difference wouldn't be as dramatic since SW is 2.35:1 and BTTF is 1.85:1
Still it's widescreen! :)
The DVDs were never released in UK or any region outside of the states for that matter. Just another "strong" release rumour come and gone. sigh.
------------------
Craig McDonald

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I haven't even seen the original in so long (it really might be about 10 years since that I am not expecting too much - as long as it sits nicely in my widescreen TV and I am happy camper!

Eric_R_C

Second Unit
This was from the Digital Bits a few days back.
--------------------------------------------------
We've got some interesting news to report this morning. First up, it looks as if the Back to the Future Trilogy may finally show up on DVD in 2002. The BTTF.com website recently conducted an interview with Back to the Future co-screenwriter Bob Gale, in which he reveals that Universal has been waiting to release the trilogy on DVD until a deal that gave foreign rights for the studio's films to Columbia expires (reportedly at the end of this year). If true, that would clear the way for the DVD release to happen in 2002. The films had previously been reported delayed because of legal issues surrounding the use of screen test footage of actor Eric Stoltz in the title role. The National Post is also reporting this story, adding that Universal Studios Home Video president Craig Kornblau has confirmed that Back to the Future, Schindler's List and E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial are all on Universal's production slate.
--------------------------------------------------
This seems to make sense. Unfortunately, Christmas 2001 doesn't look feasible
frown.gif

------------------
"I haven't lost my mind. It's backed up on my hard drive!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks