What's new

Back to the Future individual release? (1 Viewer)

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
I might be the only one, but I am interested in back to the future. Not Part 2, not Part 3, certainly not the the "trilogy." Only the original classic, not the forgettable follow ups. Since the set has been out for a while, any word on the original getting released by itself? The Godfather is coming out by itself - is the the trend?

BillGo

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with you that the BTTF sequels are totally forgettable. Unfortunately, I doubt that there will be individual releases of the three films.

However, I bit the bullet and bought the trilogy when it came out because I really wanted the original film. So I downloaded BTTF cover art from dvdcoverart.com to fit an Amaray single keepcase, and printed it out on my Canon i950.

Darren Pillans

Second Unit
I agree. Maybe if the sequels had Crispin Glover and Claudia Wells (the original Jennifer) they would have been better.

Anyway, over here in Region 4 you CAN get the original with its own cover.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/221703

Plus, here the trilogy comes in a triple-disc slimline Amaray. How it fits 3 discs beyond me.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/220686

Either this helps or just rubs the salt in.

If it's the latter, you have my sympathies.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I guess you guys have stated perfectly *why* the discs were sold as a trilogy. Same as the upcoming Robocop, say, and recent Airport (quad), etc. I have also noticed numerous BTTF 2 & 3 discs for sale without the case, you have lots of company.

That said, I said the same thing as you about BTTF 2 & 3, but on subsequent viewings I found 3 definitely grew on me, 2 is still my least preferred...I said the same as you about them when the trilogy was first announced, and I surely would have just bought 1 if I could have.

I have been noticing how relatively uncommon, least around here, the WS BTTF trilogies are, so perhaps there's some hope for 1 alone down the pipe if they're waiting for trilogy stocks to dwindle.

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Not only are the titles not available separately, but the widescreen version of the trilogy still contains the defective versions of 2 and 3 with incorrect framing. You have to contact Universal to exchange them for the corrected versions.3

Here's the link regarding the framing issue.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...highlight=BTTF

JimmyK

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Everyone has their opinion, but I'm happy with the whole trilogy myself.

Certainly the original is by far the best of the lot. It stands on its own well, and I can understand if some don't particularly care for the sequels. Nevertheless, I find BTTF 2 and 3 to be entertaining in their own right. In BTTF 2 the whole parallel time lines theme and alternate views of the events in the first movie was interesting. And putting BTTF 3 in a completely different era but with similar characters was amusing. Let's just say I've seen sequels to popular movies that were much worse.

I do believe that Universal should have given the consumer the choice to buy all or individually from the start.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I think part II is almost as good as I. I didn't like part III at all.

I am guessing in a couple of years they will get released separately as Godfather is about to (with Paramount).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks