What's new

Babylon 5 custom cover art (1 Viewer)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Ric, I just printed your slim B5 art out last night and have it in my cases today. The spine art looks fantastic (especially next to your ST:TNG cases and Jupiter's slim ST:Films set).

Your work is excellent and I am reluctant to suggest any criticism. However, one thing that bothers me about the slim B5 covers (with credits) is the back of S1 and S5 are very similar. Too similar, IMHO. I was wondering why you didn't use Jupiter's S5 back cover? I know that would be a lot of work at this point, so I was wondering if I could ask for a smaller change... On the back of the slim S5 with credits, is there any way to work in the Star Furies that are on the version without the credits? Can at least the smaller Star Fury fit in the lower right corner or lower left corner of the back cover? If it went in the lower left corner, it wouldn't look as "off" to me as to why the credits aren't left justified (like S4).

That's the only other thing that irks me (the credits on S4 and S5 not being left jusitified like the other seasons). But that's just because I'm anal (and I believe consistency is better than correctness).

Again, terrific job!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks! Let me know which versions you guys are printing! I have to figure out how to make a dowload counter!

Andrea, You mean the covers with the episode listings, right? They all have credits! I'm using the thin ones without all the text. Anyway, I deviated from Jup's backs because the Station was turning the corner on the spine so I thought I would leave it there. I just put the special features listings where I thought they would work best. There's such a thing as being too anal you know! Anyway, I'll see about adding some starfuries later on. I've got to give it a bit of a rest for now. I'm getting really busy at work and I'm backed up on a few other things.

Ric

Wade K

Second Unit
Dammit. I might just have to buy these sets so I have an excuse to print out the cool thin covers.

Ric, when I get home, I'll email you the details of ordering the OZ cases.

-wade-

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
I could use that info too Wade. But I'm not posting my email address to get spidered by spammers, so could you PM me?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Joe! I added some info on the cases on my site. Perhaps we can get Wade or Greg to do another group buy? Maybe some of the new folks would be interested.

Ric

Wade K

Second Unit
Rick P, a few are discussing those cases on the last page of this thread. General opinion seems to be negative mostly due to the hub design (M-Lock hubs). These cases are also slightly wider (1" vs. 15/16") than the OZ cases.

I may do a group order in the future, but through November or so, I'll only have Saturdays off work and not really have time to organize/handle it.

Wade K

Second Unit
Joseph, Ric has the details on where to order on the B5 page of his website. If you have questions or need any more info, pop me an email.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

Hiya, folks! I just updated my site with new B5 covers to accomodate The Movie Collection. Unfortunaetly I changed the design a bit, so if you already downloaded and printed them... you gotta do it again. Sorry for the inconvenience (and the waste of ink and paper!). I was able to get some better quality pix of the station, so I went with them, while making a couple of other modifications.

You can get 'em right here!

Ric

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Great work, as usual, Ric!

Hey, if you hadn't noticed, at the WB boards you can now post images, at least in your signature. I'm not sure you can in the actual message as I haven't needed to yet. But, anyway, it would be a cool way to show those non-HT folks your designs.

I'll have to print these out soon.

Geo

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I know you're probably sick of working on these and changing them, but on the slimmie versions, it looks like the lower right-hand corner is just begging for a star fury there. I'm jealous of the fatties!

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Ric,
Has JMS seen your coverart? I was just curious because they really are THAT good. I especially loved your DS9 set and now your B5 has topped even that. Great job again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks