What's new

Babes of the '80s (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Greg_S_H said:
Didn't that turn out to be the Jack O'Halloran only section? Not knocking Jack in the least, as it was really cool of him to devote a part of his time to the HTF, but I don't remember seeing anyone else there. I think the section is gone now.
Come to think of it, shouldn't uber-DVD producer extraordinaire Charlie de Lauzirika merit membership of the celebrity section? Although I suppose the Blade Runner thread is turning into a Charlie-appreciation thread... :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ChristopherG said:
John Kilduff - why did you delete all your fantastic posts here...???
take a look at post 82 for the reason.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I still love Felice Schachter. She was on the first season of the Facts of Life and in the movie Zapped!
htf_imgcache_36667.jpeg

And who can forget...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Russell G said:
Yeah, I don't get it. He gone all cracker jacks again or something?
That's unfair.
He's mentioned before he has personal issues that
He has difficulty dealing with.
Kind of a cheap shot.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
TonyD said:
That's unfair.
He's mentioned before he has personal issues that
He has difficulty dealing with.
Kind of a cheap shot.
Or attempting to make light of a potentially bad situation with humor. a bunch of us have personal issues, he advertises his. could be an attention thing instead of a real thing. Anyone actually know him?
did he delete all his posts, or just the ones here? Maybe he's embracing the 90s now as a moving forward thing. I have no idea.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Russell G said:
Or attempting to make light of a potentially bad situation with humor. a bunch of us have personal issues, he advertises his. could be an attention thing instead of a real thing. Anyone actually know him?
did he delete all his posts, or just the ones here? Maybe he's embracing the 90s now as a moving forward thing. I have no idea.
I'm still an 80s fan and I always will be. I deleted my posts in this thread after one of them accidentally irritated one of my picks, actress Kelli Maroney.
I've buried the hatchet with her, but I deleted all my posts out of anger with myself. I basically cut off my nose to spite my face.
I plan on becoming involved in this thread again, but if you want to see a piece I did about my favorite 80s women, scope out this piece I wrote for RetroJunk: Some Of My Fave 80s Women | Article
Sincerely,
John Kilduff...
Now that everything has been settled, expect more posts soon.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
In the business, we call this making up for lost time. Looking at responses to my deleted posts, I've been able to piece together a small list from my cumulative post. I've added a bunch more to the mix. So, without any further ado:
Babes Of The 80s: John Kilduff's 2008 List...
Starting once more with the delicious Special K, Ms. Lucinda Dickey from the "Breakin'" movies...
htf_imgcache_36698.jpeg

Next, a woman very important to my DVD history. Helen Slater starred in "Supergirl", one of the first movies I ever owned on DVD. She looked great in whatever guise she came in, but she looked great in the cape and uniform. I mean, you could really see how hard she trained:
htf_imgcache_36699.jpeg

Then we have Stacey Q, singer, songwriter, actress and a great person to talk to. Kind, caring, charming...A good woman with great pictures, like this:
htf_imgcache_36700.jpeg

Lisa Eilbacher looked great in "Beverly Hills Cop". Here, Jenny Summers (Eilbacher), Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy) and Billy Rosewood (Judge Reinhold) are getting ready to take down some thugs. Who wants cocaine and coffee? We're gonna get wired and have a big party!:
htf_imgcache_36701.jpeg

Brigitte Nielsen co-starred as Karla Fry in "Beverly Hills Cop 2" in 1987. Here she is with then-husband Sylvester Stallone, the man who would've been Foley:
htf_imgcache_36702.jpeg

There were some movies with 1989 copyright dates that weren't released until 1990 or later. Theresa Russell's movie "Impulse" fell prey to this. Track it down...She looks gorgeous and the movie is riveting, too. Let's see THIS released on DVD:
htf_imgcache_36703.jpeg

I loved Kathleen Wilhoite in "Murphy's Law". She was quick with a word and a gun. She really held her own with Charles Bronson:
htf_imgcache_36704.jpeg

Small picture...Big excitement. Recommended highly!
Next, we have the much-maligned Melanie Griffith. Admittedly, I've done some of the maligning as well, but we'll always have movies like "Body Double" to show her 80s dynamics:
htf_imgcache_36705.jpeg

I loved Daphne Zuniga in "Spaceballs". Don't fuck with her hair, though:
htf_imgcache_36706.jpeg

Apollonia was a stunner. "Purple Rain" is proof enough of that. I'd like to take her with me...Where? I don't know, but it would be fun if she were around:
htf_imgcache_36707.jpeg

Rachel Ward looked wonderful in "Against All Odds". Take a look at her now and I think she still looks good:
htf_imgcache_36708.jpeg

Tanya Roberts was mentioned a few pages back. Now, let's mention Maryam D'Abo. "The Living Daylights" was a great Bond movie, and she was one of the reasons why. She just had a great look about her:
htf_imgcache_36709.jpeg

I discovered this lady on YouTube. The name is Judie Tzuke and she did a gorgeous track called "We'll Go Dreaming". Once again, I'm always a sucker for a blonde:
htf_imgcache_36710.jpeg

Tina Weymouth looked stunning in "Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense". I especially liked when they broke for the Tom Tom Club performance and she was doing a strange dance on the stage:
htf_imgcache_36711.jpeg

I don't know if this is an 80s picture or not, but Darlanne Fluegel looked stunning in several 80s movies including "To Live And Die In L.A", "Running Scared" and "Tough Guys":
htf_imgcache_36712.jpeg

Vanessa Williams was recording back in the 80s, and she did some great tracks. "The Right Stuff" is a particular favorite. I like the samplings of telephones ringing and gunshots going off. Fun stuff, in an off-kilter way:
htf_imgcache_36713.jpeg

Pepsi and Shirlie were great, too. "Heartache" is a great dance track, especially the extended version:
htf_imgcache_36714.jpeg

The late Laura Branigan was a stunner in both looks and voice. You know, my high school teacher looked a lot like her...Well, face-wise at any rate. Maybe that's why I was thinking of my teacher on occasion after I broke up with my girlfriend:
htf_imgcache_36715.jpeg

Expose were a wonderful group. The song "Point Of No Return" was pure adrenaline...Fucking awesome track. They still look good today:
htf_imgcache_36716.jpeg

I first heard Taylor Dayne's music back in 2000. Her voice was raw...Soulful...She had a lovely 80s look about her. The hair and the clothes screamed "It's party time" and tracks like "Tell It To My Heart" were proof of that:
htf_imgcache_36717.jpeg

Gloria Estefan looked great with Miami Sound Machine. "1-2-3" is still one of the best dance tracks of the 80s. It always gets me dancing around:
htf_imgcache_36718.jpeg

Once again, I don't know if this is an 80s picture, but I do like Siouxsie Sioux. She had a great dark look about her. "Cities In Dust" is one of the greatest tracks in the history of nihilism:
htf_imgcache_36719.jpeg

Then we have Bananarama. I loved "Venus". It would always fill the floor when I visited 8Trax at the now-gone Pleasure Island at Walt Disney World. Great looks, great sound:
htf_imgcache_36720.jpeg

Some may view my next pick as a 90s one, but since her debut album was released in 1989, I deem Alannah Myles to be an 80s babe. "Black Velvet" was sexy. I love blondes, but women with dark hair are fine with me, too:
htf_imgcache_36721.jpeg

To cap off my list, I would like to mention Terri Nunn of Berlin. I love her hair, her face and her voice. Whether it be a ballad like "Take My Breath Away" or a hard-charged (and possibly hardcore) track like "Sex (I'm A...)", she had a great look about her. She still looks good today, even though her work is light-years away from what it was in the 80s.
So, there you go...I know I forgot some, and I'll never be able to recover my own posts, but I still love the women of the 80s...Always have, always will.
Sincerely,
John Kilduff...
So, what do you guys think?

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
The Terri Nunn picture didn't show up...Here's another one that'll hopefully show up.
htf_imgcache_36723.jpeg

Stunning...Purely stunning. I've dueted with the woman who runs the karaoke I go to on the song "Sex (I'm A...") and it gets the crowd going every time.
Sincerely,
John Kilduff...
Then again, sex can get you going.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Bryan X said:
How did we get four pages without a mention of Debbie Gibson?
htf_imgcache_36722.jpeg
One word: jailbait? Or at least she was at the time she hit #1 on the chart as the youngest person ever to reach #1 as singer, songwriter and producer concurrently. But seeing as she's about the same age as I am, I guess I was even back then entitled to have a crush on her too? But not any of you who are already in your 40s now... :D

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
John Kilduff - On the Job!!!! Your dedication to the women of the 80s is one of the things in life that keep me smiling!
Rock on!

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Alannah Myles - damn, she was hot. The combination of nearly-black hair, pale skin, and sexy red lipstick...YEOW! (Helps explain why I think Julianna Marguiles is hotter than the surface of the sun.)
Good to know I wasn't alone with my Lisa Eilbacher and Daphne Zuniga crushes. Very fine 80s babes, indeed.
(Though I really have to question the inclusion of Brigette Nielson. I think she looks like a man, man!)
And I have to add: I never thought any of the Banarama girls were attractive. But Gloria Estefan....going to have to add her and few of your others to the Tribute to Brunettes thread.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks