What's new

Baa Baa Black Sheep Volume 3 (1 Viewer)

Brian:C

Stunt Coordinator
Southern. Just picked it up at the Walmart in Amherst NH .

Like to hear you opinion on the prints. I think the color is much better. I didn't do a side by side on the Season1 release, but thought I remembered it muddy.

Brian

Scott511

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I'm getting the impression that many Walmart's are NOT stocking this. Of the 12 stores within a 50 mile range of me, none have it. 80 miles away is the nearest. I was lucky, my parents were out of town and were able to pick up a copy in another state.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I also picked this up in a WalMart store in Southern, NH (thanks BorisFW/Frank) on Friday. So, it is rolling out in stores and the stores appear to be stocking the other two Baa Baa Black Sheep releases as well.

Now, full disclosure on this, I walked into the WalMart and made my way to the DVD/Blu-ray section where I amazingly ran right into the guy that stocks and organizes this section as he had a flatbed loaded with boxes full of blus and DVDs that he was stocking shelves with...so rather than hunt I asked him if they had it. His response "No, we definitely don't have that and I am the guy that would know because I organize this department and stock the shelves. If we had it it would be in this section (indicates a section of older TV releases) and we must not have it yet or I just have not opened the box it is in. Check back later in the weekend."

I thank him and turn to walk away thinking that saved some time and as I turn around I see right behind him a section of what seems to be military films and shows and sure enough right on the top shelves all in a row are all three releases of Baa Baa Black Sheep.

"Hey, here it is." I say to him as I pick up what appears to be the last copy of the new final season release ($14.96).

He looks at me sort of annoyed and walks away. I shrug and notice below it Season One of Wild Wild West for $9.96 the only season of this show I am missing and so pick that up as well and boom, in one brief trip to WalMart I complete my collections of both Wild Wild West and Baa Baa Black Sheep. I am out of the store in under 4 minutes and leave behind the angry video department clerk and now hopefully do not have to return to WalMart for a very long time.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Oh, I have far weirder tales of WalMart that involve all kinds of nudity and strange behavior. There is a WalMart in the Lake George area of upstate New York I end up in every year because we go with friends and family to a lake house up there and wow, what an asylum that place is. It was here I discovered that there is actually a group of people that post photos of themselves on the internet nude in WalMart. Standing in an aisle looking at something I hear "OK, go go!" and turn to see two young women suddenly pull long t-shirts off and they have nothing on underneath them except their flip flops and they start posing as a third young women starts snapping photos with her cell phone. They laugh as they see me watching this and I say "Um, this is kind of a strange place to be doing this." to which they reply "That's why we are doing it!" and a few photos in the girl with the phone hands it to one of the naked girls and she too pulls off her shirt and gets in on the photo session. Then the naked girl with the phone turns to me and says "Would you mind taking one of all three of us?" and though the idea that I might spend a night in jail for taking part in this goes through my head, always the gentleman, I obliged.

I walk out of the aisle and run into one of the people I was in the store with, this Irish guy that was a friend of a family member, and I say to him "I just had three young women strip down and start taking pictures while I was standing in that aisle." and he says casually "Oh yeah, that was probably for the nude in WalMart website."

"What?" I say probably looking totally bewildered.

"I'll show you when we get to the house." he says. Sure enough there are a collection of photos on the internet of people naked in WalMart. I openly wondered "Why in WalMart?" and he said because WalMart's signs and advertising in the store made it easy to recognize that you are actually naked in a WalMart store because there is a sign next to you that says "Price Drop" or something and that the idea of the photos was to get something in them that was recognizable as WalMart.

In the same store on a different trip a woman taps me on the shoulder and says "Can you help me for a minute?" and again always the gentleman I say "Sure."

She takes my arm and leads me to a corner near the bathing suits. Takes my hand and places it on a rack and then drapes a giant beach towel over my arm. She says "Just stay right there like that and we'll just have a chat." and before I can say anything she slips out of her clothes and starts trying on a bathing suit. Again I think, "Well, this could land me in jail." as I am not really sure what the public nudity laws are in upstate New York and I'm not sure if she intends to pay for the bathing suit...and I am now somehow involved in this little boondoggle.

"Nice tattoo." I say as she has one in a spot that only somebody that had been intimate with her or helps her with her bathing suit selection in WalMart would see. "Thanks." she says as she pauses to give me a better look at it, among other things, and then adds with a smile "Bet you didn't know I was really going to make this worth your while."

"Was there some sort of issue with the fitting rooms?" I ask attempting to be as casual as possible.

"Bunch of people with their kids there and too long a wait. This was easier." she says.

"Yes, this store is always crazy." I say as if I am discussing the baseball game with a friend as we knock a few beers back by the lake.

"Just a couple more as long as nobody walks up on us." she says hurriedly stripping down again.

I nearly blurt out "Jesus, why don't you try on the whole rack!" but regain my composure and say "Usually before I do this kind of thing I like to take a girl out for a few drinks and maybe a meal."

She says "Well, maybe we can arrange that, hun."

Two more bathing suits and her actually asking me which one I liked best later and she is back in her clothes and I am thinking how odd it is that it seems like an eternity has passed.

She thanks me and I say "No need, you made this a very memorable trip to WalMart."

As I turn to walk away I nearly slam right into one of my female relatives who looks hard at me and says "Did that woman just strip naked in front of you to try on bathing suits?"

"Um, yes." I say not quick enough to think of something wittier or some sort of obfuscation that might prevent her from announcing to everybody else that I was spending my time in WalMart helping a naked stranger pick out a bathing suit.

"Why do you always do this kind of thing?" she asks.

"Always?" I ask but she is already storming away from me toward another female in our group and I hear her saying "He was just hanging out with another naked woman...IN WALMART!"

Like I plan these kind of things. A few days later some of us are sitting at a picnic table at an ice cream stand and I turn and see a woman standing in line waiting to order waving at me. I realize it is the bathing suit woman from WalMart. I wave back and a friend says to me "You know her?" and not really thinking (or thinking of that tattoo suddenly) I say "Well, parts of her." and my female relative that caught me in WalMart that day says "You're such a pig."

She says this because when these things happen to me in a WalMart I tend to forget what I was supposed to be buying and leave with nothing and then have to announce I have to go back to WalMart while everybody else is settling in at the lake house. They never think I am going back to shop.

Last edited:

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I hardly ever go into WalMart and every time I do something odd seems to happen. I'm not sure why that is but I've been told that I have this strange calm sort of aura I give off and it attracts odd people. I mean the stories above I can live with but other strange things have happened to me there that were more...well...unpleasant. On one visit there was this guy that threw a tantrum in the store because the DVD or Blu-ray he had bought there was defective and he had come in to exchange it but they were out of the particular disc he wanted. I had the misfortune to be standing in the DVD/blu-ray department when he arrived and somehow became his personal complaint department. So, he actually picked up and threw blu-rays or DVDs from a dump bin around and then followed me around literally screaming about how they were ripping him off and could I believe it. So, people in the store thought we were together and this guy followed me all the way to my car. I pretty much had to push him away from me when I got in the car to keep him from climbing in.

MattHR

Screenwriter
I hardly ever go into WalMart and every time I do something odd seems to happen...On one visit there was this guy that threw a tantrum in the store because the DVD or Blu-ray he had bought there was defective and he had come in to exchange it but they were out of the particular disc he wanted. I had the misfortune to be standing in the DVD/blu-ray department when he arrived and somehow became his personal complaint department. So, he actually picked up and threw blu-rays or DVDs from a dump bin around and then followed me around literally screaming about how they were ripping him off...

Too funny! I think your experience may have been captured by a security camera.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Are these turning up at anymore Walmarts around the country? It still hasn't shown up in San Diego. Their website still has it "out of stock" and I see Amazon third party sellers are now offering it. Talk about a poor launch.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
I was able to place an order for it at walmart.com. However, the website said that only a few copies were left. I received the following confirmation e-mail:

Pickup
32901-91204-tab_corner_gray_right.gif
Ready by: Thu, Jun 23

We'll send an email when your order is ready for pickup.

Pick up at:
Fishkill Walmart Supercenter
26 W Merritt Blvd
Fishkill, NY 12524

Pickup person:
Richard Gallagher

Item Qty Price Total

Baa Baa Black Sheep Black Sheep Squadron The Final Season Walmart Exclusive 1 $14.96

$14.96

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
I was able to place an order for it at walmart.com. However, the website said that only a few copies were left. I received the following confirmation e-mail:

Pickup
32901-91204-tab_corner_gray_right.gif
Ready by: Thu, Jun 23

We'll send an email when your order is ready for pickup.

Pick up at:
Fishkill Walmart Supercenter
26 W Merritt Blvd
Fishkill, NY 12524

Pickup person:
Richard Gallagher

Item Qty Price Total

Baa Baa Black Sheep Black Sheep Squadron The Final Season Walmart Exclusive 1 $14.96

$14.96
I did the same thing for my La Mesa, CA store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks