B5 3rd season.

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Philip Verdieck, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Magnus Nord

Magnus Nord Agent

I just pre-ordered my Season 3 from dvdsoon, I forgot that I had 32 CAD in vouchers for my canceled terminator DVD [​IMG])), so great deal for me [​IMG]

2. Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock Second Unit

I had no idea that Babylon 5 was supposedly so good. So, should I give it a shot?

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I found B5 addictively good to great. The first season lays down a lot of good foundation, with nice pay-off in the latter seasons.

4. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

I'm looking forward to this as well. My second most anticipated release for this year after The Two Towers EE.[​IMG]

5. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman

6. Howard Glenn

Howard Glenn Stunt Coordinator

7. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

8. Philip Verdieck

Philip Verdieck Second Unit

Same here. B5, then TTT.

I also ordered from DVDSoon.

9. nolesrule

nolesrule Producer

Joe Kauffman
    Do I have to pick which one I am anticipating more?

Maybe I'll anticipate B5 season 3 more until late August, and then after that, I'll anticipate TTT SE more.

Yeah, I think that will work nicely. [​IMG]

10. Christopher E

Christopher E Stunt Coordinator

I'd have to say I'm anticipating B5 S3 as much as I was anticipating FOTR:EE (can't say the same for TTT though).

11. Darren Haycock

Darren Haycock Second Unit

Okay guys, you convinced me to give this series a chance. I'm pretty excited, even though there's a lot to set up in the first season.

One question though, do I need to get the separate release w/ the pilot and prequel movies when I get season one, or is it already included w/ season one? Thanks!

12. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

13. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

I think you'ld be better off watching the pilot first, as it comes up during the series a few times.

14. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

I would pick up the movie disk - the pilot does set up a couple of later plotlines. Not necessary, but recommended. Some of the acting is very rough in the pilot though - some people were replaced later, etc. Don't let it scare you off - all pilots are a little rough, right? [​IMG] And yes, Absolutely do not watch "In the Beginning". I saw through a little into season 3 when I first watched it on Fox, and had some familiarity with the series, so the major spoilers didn't surprise me toooooo much.

15. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Yes, the captain's acting is downright terrible in the pilot (he would fit right into an Ed Wood movie) but he becomes much better over the course of the first season. Don't be frightened off by the crudity of the pilot. But it is pretty much essential for stuff in the second season to make any sense.

16. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter

Surprisingly enough, DVDSoon shipped mine today- another order I placed 3weeks ago on a "in-stock" item shipped yesterday.

They do offer a tracking number for this order, but I have no idea what service it's for. The number is "AA32627****CA". Where can I track this?

17. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

I just ordered my from Amazon.ca with that $10 coupon mentioned earlier in the thread. I chose the second shipping option, Expidited I think, which costs $10.99CAN. I noticed that with season 2 the difference in shipping between the cheapest and the next one is only a dollar.

Both my previous ones came without a problem, sort of. I got one of the bad batch of season 1 sets. This was the one where disc 2 was a duplicate of 4, but labeled as 2, something like that. Anyways I didn't check the discs out when I received them, and didn't know about the problem for 2 months. When I notified Amazon.ca on Jan. 1st, they express shipped a replacement immediately and told me to dispose of the original as I wanted. Amazing service IMO. I don't worry too much about ordering from them anymore.

18. Philip Verdieck

I also got a shipping notice from DVDSoon.

19. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Well, that's Sooner than usual (aargh). For my S2 discs I waited months for them to ship. But sucker that I am for the El Cheapo Canadian prices, I went with them anyway.

20. Philip Verdieck

The sooner we have these discs, the better!