What's new

B&W vs. Axiom vs. Paradigm vs. Rocket??? (1 Viewer)

BobAlbano

Second Unit
Mike and Curtis, I happen to fall on the other side of the fence here as Eric doesn't have to justify his purchase or his reasoning for making the purchase to anyone but himself. He has made a decision that he is happy with and it really shouldn't matter how that decision was made. I personally don't care if he buys Rockets, Axiom, Ascend, ACI, Asperon, etc...at the end of the day hopefully we are all here to have fun and maybe learn a little from others. I will tell you here and now that I was one of the people that traded messages with Eric. I hope the info that I passed on was both helpful and relevant in his decision making process. I think sometime people make it personal if the person doesn't choose the speakers that they have, or ones that they recommended. I am probably guilty of this as well as we all like to feel like we have an influence and what we are saying in important. Eric has made his decision and hopefully he will be happy with it. What I feel is wrong here is that you guys are making him feel like he has to have proof or justify why he choose to go with one brand over another.

Congrats on you speaker purchase Eric! :cool:

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
I will tell you here and now that I was one of the people that traded messages with Eric.
Bob,

I am not asking Eric to justify his purchase. I would just like to know what was told to him. It just may be helpful to others if it was helpful to him.

You are very helpful with your advice on these boards. Is the advice you gave to Eric in private any different than what you state in your posts? If you do not care....why send private messages?

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I was going to say basicly the same as Curtis. I am glad he choose and found the speakers that will work for him. He needs to justify his purchase to no one here at all. All of us here for the most part have different speakers and we always get along well. My only complaint was somewhere it was stated that folks were trading in a certain brand of speaker for another and this was done in private messages apparently. I for one as well as others would want to know the who's, whats, when and wheres of such as it would help alot of folks. Please don't anyone over react to this post its is not that big of a deal really!!!! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.....

BobAlbano

Second Unit
You are very helpful with your advice on these boards. Is the advice you gave to Eric in private any different than what you state in your posts? If you do not care....why send private messages?
Curtis, you should know that I have no problem speaking my mind on what I feel about certain products. There is absolutely nothing that I could have told him about anything other than products that I own. I told him the same thing that I would post here or anywhere else. Eric happened to send me an email asking for my thoughts on the Ref's and Rockets. Get it, ERIC sent me an email...hence conversation between Eric and I. Next time I will CC you guys on my thoughts so you don't miss out on anything. :rolleyes:My point is, don't chastise him for making his decision on conversations that he might of had on the phone or through email...as much as you guys would like everyone to make their decisions through the forum in public for everyone to see, that isn't possible for everyone. I don't know what the deciding factor for Eric was...and quite frankly, I don't care. He made a decision about speakers for god sake...

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Geez Bob...not starting anything with you. Just used you as an example because you used yourself as an example. Nothing was directed at you before that. Chill out...we are cool.

And I am not chastising him on his decision. I'd just like to get the opinions of those he mentioned, I know yours already....nothing was ever directed at Eric until he directed a question at me. Read my post. It was directed at people that PM'd him and had owned both.

The people that owned both should speak up and give some good info. Not asking it from you or Eric.

Eric Eash

Second Unit
first of all, if everyone keeps this up, the mods will close this thread. if no one cares about this thread anymore, then i guess that's fine, but it's not going to look good for all involved.
one thing to point out is that i asked for opinions of these speakers. as most know about this forum, there are a lot of people ready to either say something negative, mean, biased, stupid, or the like when people start expressing their opinions. look what happens when someone says something about bose. it's not up to anyone but me to decide whether someones opinions are worth anything or nothing at all. simply by saying what they say to me through emails could be suspect, implies that you think i'm either incapable of making up my own mind, gullible, or an idiot. i'm surprised no one told me to do a search on the forum too. i searched, i read axiom.com forum extensively, av123.com forum extensively, avsforum, hometheaterspot, all the mags, all the reviews, all before posting this thread, and in the end, i just wanted some good opinions. i thought about posting some of the emails i got, but one even stated he didn't like to post his opinions on the forum. if you want some personal opinions or emails, start a thread asking for them. PM doesn't stand for public message.

thanks again to all, curtisSC included. i'm not trying to argue or be sarcastic, or anything like that. i just wanted to further explain myself and try to salvage this thread, which looks to now be hopeless.

eric

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Thanks Eric...and you are welcome.

I hope all your gear gets to you safely so you can enjoy it.

i've also gotten a lot of personal emails from both axiom and rocket owners as well as people who have owned axiom and then went to rockets.
Posts from these people would have made the thread very interesting. :)

BobAlbano

Second Unit
Cool Eric, I'm glad to see that you are confident with the decision that you have made. If everyone would go to the extent that you went to in making their purchases, there would be a lot less buyers remorse out there.

Curtis, we are cool as always....Like I said, you and I are allowed to disagree every once in a while...:cool:

Frank Mowry

Stunt Coordinator
I think all forum posts should be limited to speakers that people bought but DIDN'T like. Most people who buy almost all of the better branded speakers discussed here are happy with their decision.

Oh yeah, and my Axioms are better than your Rockets :)

Frank

Well after reading this thread and the great replies to Eric's original post followed by more reading around the internet I changed directions and went with Rockets. The year end sale they had going on really helped make the decision easier. I hope they sound as good as everyone says but feel safe knowing I have time to listen to them in our home before the decision is final. They should be here next week but unfortunately I will have no amp for them when they arrive thanks to UPS. My 3803 replacement is back ordered but should be here in time for me to get a couple weeks in before the 30 in home trial is over.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Eric,

Well, after several months and numerous auditions, I went with a complete Magneplanar surround system:
MG1.6/QR (mains)
MGCC3 (center)
MGMC1 (surrounds)
Paradigm PW-2200 (sub)

I auditioned the following main speakers:
Wharfedale EVO-40 $960/pair
Boston Acoustics VR3 $1250/pair
B&W DM-603 $949/pair
Magnepan MG1.6QR $1725/pair ($1495/pair for a demo)
Onix Rockets RS750 $1499/pair
Paradigm Studio 100 $2100/pair

Didn't get to audition:
Swan Diva 6.1 BC $929/pair
Paradigm Studio 60 $1499/pair

Out of all the speakers listed above, the maggies were hands down my favorites!! The Wharfedale EVO-40 would have been my choice for a box speaker...nice sound stage and a little laid back. But the matching center was a little small.

As soon as I get it all together I am going to submit new pictures. For now...on with the show!!

Eric...enjoy your new speakers and Happy New Year!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks