What's new

B&W Nautilus 804 full range floor speakers in cherry finish, perfect condition (1 Viewer)

falkdal

Auditioning
Real Name
Fredrik Alkdal
I am selling my beautiful pair of B&W (Bowers & Wilkins) Nautilus 804 full range floor speakers in cherry wood finish. This is an amazing pair of speakers and I have loved every minute of listening to them, but with small kids in the house I've had to take down my stereo system for safety reasons (plus I can't play them at a volume that they deserve) and it's a shame to let them sit in the garage. We are also moving and I would prefer not to have to keep them in storage, so they are looking for a new home.
The speakers are in perfect condition and properly broken in. These speakers need a lot of juice to run properly, I used an old Marantz SR-18 as well as a new Denon 3d compatible receiver and they sound incredible, but you don't want to hook them up to a budget system or they will be wasted. My entire system is taken apart and stored in the garage so I can't demo them for you, but I promise you will not be disappointed. If needed in order to close the sale I can try and hook them up in the garage, but I will only do that if you have cash in hand and are ready to buy as it's a big hassle to put everything together again. They are amazing, trust me on this one.
Reviews and detailed specifications available here: http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/b-and-w/nautilus-804/prd_119139_1594crx.aspx
Original product sheet: http://www.bowers-wilkins.com/Downloads/Product/Archive/ENG_FP10087_Nautilus-804_info_sheet.pdf
The speaker cost $3,500 when new and the later models (the Nautilus Diamond series) cost even more. Asking $2,000 since they looks and sound like new but I don't have the original boxes anymore - they were huge and took up too much room in storage. I believe I still have the original manual for them though.
The speakers are large - 30" tall x 13.5" deep x 9" wide - and they weigh something like 65 pounds each, so if you don't have a car big enough I can help you transport them home in my cargo van if you live reasonably close.
I am also selling a matched B&W Nautilus HTM2 center channel speaker in the same cherry wood finish. Asking $500 for that one, but if you buy all three I will knock off $200 off the total cost (i.e. $2,300 for all 3). Search for that ad using "B&W Nautilus HTM2 center channel in cherry finish"
I also have some crazy speaker cables available. I don't want to say speaker "wire" because these are total beasts and "wire" doesn't do them justice. They are custom made Tara Labs bi-wire over an inch thick with alligator posts. Don't even ask what I paid for them, it's embarrassing! If you need a really really good cables for these speakers I will sell them for $100 per cable, which is an absolute steal as I paid a LOT more for them (like, well over $1,000). But without speakers they are of no use, so my loss is your gain.
I would prefer to sell locally (San Francisco), especially as I don't have the original boxes anymore, but if you are willing to pay for box and packing material plus shipping costs I am willing to do that. In that case I would like to be paid for the speakers up front, after which I'll get a shipping quote after everything is boxed up, and you can pay for that as a separate transaction.

easyfishing2004

Auditioning
Real Name
ken louie
Hi I like your speaker,I live in bay area too,would you accecpt my offer $1500-,there is one on criglists are asking$1500-,but I like it in cherry finish,thanks.....ken

Rickhudson

Auditioning
Real Name
Rick T Hudson
If you still have the set I would very much like to purchase them. Please email ASAP if they are available, I need them as soon as I can because I'm putting a media room together. Thanks, look forward to hearing from you soon. Rick

TyeInMH

Auditioning
Real Name
Tye Thorson
Hi - are these still for sale?
I'm interested if they are....
Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks