What's new

B&W DS7 Surrounds? (1 Viewer)

jeff.adams

Agent
Does anyone own these? Anyone heard them? I'm looking for opinions. How do they sound in monopole vs dipole modes? Anyone using them with the trigger setup?
Thanks,
Jeff

Ned

Supporting Actor
They were designed back in the Pro-Logic days when the surround channel was band limited to 100hz-7khz. As such, you'll notice that they only have 2" drivers for the high frequencies and their performance is rather poor above 7khz. Not a great speaker for today's full-range surround content.

jeff.adams

Agent
Thanks for the info. You said they were designed "back in the days". They are a brand new speaker that came out concurrently with the 700 series, so I don't think they are old in any way. I'm not sure what you're saying there.

Paul Gere

Second Unit

B&W's specs show a range of 60hz-42khz (monopole) and 60hz-15khz (dipole) for these speakers and a frequency response of 80hz-22khz, +/- 3db for monopole, 80hz-10khz, +/-3db for dipole.

I am also interested in anyone's experience with these surrounds. Yes, I still prefer dipoles in this day of 7.1. My thought would be to use these as dipole sides and monopole rears with Nautilus mains (804, HTM-1).

Cheers,
-Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks