What's new

B&W DM#601 (pretty sure they are S1) LF Woofer Advice (1 Viewer)

Bigsnowleopards

Auditioning
Real Name
damien
I was at my local second hand store and saw a pair of bookshelf B&W 601's. Didn't hesitate seeing as the price was $2.99 each and they were in flawless condition. I figured one of them might of been bad or they had a problem, sure enough woofers on both are shot.

I currently have a klipsch r3 set (rf3, rc3, ksw 12) and an outlaw audio 1050 receiver. I was thinking these might work as nice surrounds, however my dilemma is I need to replace the woofers. So in a wrap up I'm looking to find some woofers that would work in these 601s in the $75-$150 range.

The reason I say I'm pretty sure they are S1s is because there is no marking on the back indicating which one is which.

Thanks in advance.

dragonetti

Grip
Real Name
Scott Drago
If you keep a look out on ebay you can probably find some replacement B&W drivers for those speakers for cheap. I don't know if the 602's and the 601's have the same drivers but there is a 6" 602 driver for sale right now, woofer model ZZ10129. Pull yours and check the woofer model #.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Contact B&W directly and see if they will sell you replacements or take Scott's advice and look them up on Ebay. I wouldn't advise putting anything but the OEM drivers in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks