What's new

B&W 800 series (1 Viewer)

Alan M

Second Unit
I just left my local audio shop.

I was there to purchase some cables for my new speakers(not B&W).Since I was taking a short break from work it was a very quick visit.I happened to take a peak into their speaker room and saw either B&W 801d's or 802d's.
They were the most stunning looking speakers,my jaw dropped.They are massive,with wood grain that made my toes tingle.I'm not sure if the finish was rosewood or cherry,but they were beautiful.I didnt have time to listen to them and wont in any case be buying them.They are ,I'm sure, too rich for my blood(and I just purchased new speakers).But I just had to say,WOW,talk about furniture finish quality speakers.Color me impressed.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Expensive as hell (I want to say the 801D's are ~$20,000/pr).

Refined (this is like their 4th revision).

Well-liked the world over.

I would love to own a pair, obviously, be ready to spend a lot of money on the equiptment to drive them.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
Figure around $12,000 US for a pair of 802Ds and about another $5,000 for decent amplification. Yikes!

Jody_R

Auditioning
I recently listened to their flagship speaker hooked up to a McIntosh system. It's something to aspire to, to say the least...

SethH

Senior HTF Member

Are you talking about the 800's or are you talking about the Nautilus (the one that looks like a big shell)? I've always wanted to hear the Nautilus, but I live in a pretty small town and I have no clue where the nearest place would be that I could listen to those (the Nautilus are about $40,000/pair).

Robert_Dufresne

Stunt Coordinator
Seth

I am going to the Montreal audio show in a cpl of weeks, maybe I will get lucky and listen to that holy grail:D

SethH

Senior HTF Member

I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure George Lucas uses the Nautilus 802's, not the actual Nautilus speakers (the shell shaped ones). The 802's are still incredible, and expensive, speakers, but they're actually the 4th in B&W's line.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks