What's new

B&W 604 S3 versus Swan 6.1 ??? (1 Viewer)

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
I placed an order for some Swan 6.1s, but they've been rather delayed in shipping. Now I'm rethinking things and am planning to drive a couple of hours tomorrow to demo a pair of B&W 604s. Anybody have any words of wisdom in comparing the two speakers? I've not heard the Swans yet. Incidentally, I'm looking at center speakers too, so it's a package deal for the front soundstage. It would be the Swan C3 vs. the B&W LCR600. I'll be using them for 50/50 movies and music. The room is 19x19x12 (vaulted ceiling), opening up to a large kitchen/morning room area. I'm using Axiom QS8 surrounds and an SVS PB12 sub. It's currently being driven by a Kenwood VR-2090 receiver, and I have no immediate plans to upgrade.

Any advice is appreciated! :) Thanks

Geo Gabor

Stunt Coordinator
While I've heard lots of positive reviews about the Axiom fronts in general (specifically the M60s and the M80s), I've heard too many bad things about the Axiom centers (VP100 and 150). I know that speaker sound is a personal thing, but, while I like my QS8s, I didn't want to gamble on a potential loser in the center.

As it is, I was thoroughly impressed with the B&Ws I listened to this morning. I bought a pair of 604s and a 600 center this morning. I'll be cancelling my Swan order.

Happy camper. :D

ChrisCan

Agent
Good Choice

They might sound a little tight at first. Those Kevlar drivers require some break in to loosen up

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Excellent choice! You'll be very happy with them. I have a pair of B&W 604S2 with an LCR600S2 and love them. Like Chris said, they take a little while to break in but the sound will just keep getting better.

grantG

Agent
My experience was opposite. I bought the B&W,s first but then returned due to being to bright. I like the Swans alot but admittely delievery is slow with the Swans. Not sure if it cause everyone is buying them or Jon at Audio Insider just doesnt order enough???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks