What's new

B.O.C. Agents Of Fortune SACD (1 Viewer)

Jon Sheedy

Stunt Coordinator
Just recieved word from Amazon that this title is available.

I've been waiting for some titles to be released that would force my entry into the world of SACD an DVD-A....finally starting to show up and this is one of 'em!

If anyone picks up this title, please comment on it's quality.

Thanks,
Jon

Greg Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
I have a copy on the way. I should receive it some time later this week. I'll post a review here after I have listened to it.

Greg

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I am curious to read reviews of this SACD as well.

As for BOC CD remasterings, I'd take a remaster of Fire of Unknown Origin.

Greg Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Well I've listened to the entire disc in both multi channel and stereo. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed. It seems to be lacking in the upper regions of the audio spectrum. Cymbals are almost hard to hear on some tracks. Sorry I don't have the redbook version to compare.

The multi channel mix is the type where it puts you in the middle of the "stage". At least it's not too gimmicky. One part I thought was strange was the cow bell in Don't Fear The Reaper only comes from the left rear speaker. The one song I did prefer the multi channel mix was The Revenge of Vera Gemini. It is by far sonically the best track on the disc in my opinion. But overall I preferred the stereo mix.

Overall I enjoyed the disc. It's nice to listen to songs from your youth. But this disc doesn't come close to the sound quality of say the Stones remasters. Hope to hear what others think of this disc when they get theirs.

Greg

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I have a copy coming down the mail chute. I'm not set-up for M/C right now but I'll compare the thang to the original LP. The new Keb'Mo' is coming too!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I compared three songs, THE REAPER, E.T.I., and THE REVENGE OF VERA GEMINI on vinyl and the SACD. When I first started comparing REAPER I thought that the bass had been enhanced on the SACD, but when I got around to amplifying the record enough to give it approximately the same volume level as the SACD, I found out that the two were pretty transparent. I found more or less the same to be true of VERA GEMINI.

E.T.I. which is undoubtedly the most dynamic cut on the album sounded better on SACD. The LP seemed rolled off some and the bass slightly muffled. On the record maybe this cut was badly enginered? I wouldn't be much of an authority on that. The SACD just sounds detailed beyond the LP on this cut. A big wet kiss off the master tape, maybe? That's how it sounds to me. :emoji_thumbsup:

I'm not set-up for M/C right now and thusly have no oppinion there. Greg, I doubt the CD of the album would reveal much. I haven't heard it but 70's material nearly always sounds better on vinyl. I disagree with you about the sound quality. It's comparable with the Stones' stuff IMO. I can't find much to dislike about the stereo program.

Cary_K

Auditioning
What other BOC titles might be in the works? ET Live would be interesting, I think. Thanks for the review, Greg.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Does it say anywhere on the package if it's been remastered? I presume so even for the stereo mix?

I think Agents and Spectres go together quite well...

James RD

Supporting Actor
You might be aging, but believe me, so am I.:) I certainly pre-date that particular band. I'm just not a fan and had no idea what BOC meant.

Users who are viewing this thread