What's new

B&K Ref 30 Firmware (1 Viewer)

Kenny C

Agent
Can someone tell me what is the latest version of firmware that is available for the Ref 30 ? I have version 2.05 and I thought there was a new version. I downloaded the new software, which by the way give me an error when launching.

Is there a new version. If so, does anyone have it and tell me how to upload it my Ref 30. I have the old BK Suite loaded and works fine but I don't have the new firmware and I don't know how to upload it.

Thanks

Kenny

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I loaded 2.08 two months ago. There is a difference between firmware and the software. The only way to upgrade the firmware is to change out the e-prom. I occasionally ask for a new one from my B&K rep. You will lose all settings, so you should use the BK Suite software to back it up to your PC first.

Kenny C

Agent
Adam

There is not way to do it via the software ? Do i have to take apart all my connections off to take out the Eprom ?
I just spent 4 hours yesterday reinstalling all my wires and putting my equipment in my new rack.

Thanks for the reply back.

Kenny

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
There is no way to do it via software. You may not need to unplug everything, but it all depends how accessible your Ref 30 is. You will need to remove or at least loosen the front faceplate. There are two black screws on each side of the unit. Remove these 4 screws and then take the top off. Before you do any of this back up your settings using your PC and B&K's software. I would then turn off and unplug the unit. One you have the top off pull out the old card and stick in the new one. If the top and sides of your ref 30 are accessible, you shouldn't need to unplug any of your interconnects. If you plan on upgrading your unit to the newer DACS and DPL2/DTS-ES in Dec/Jan you may want to wait as they will upgrade the firmware at the same time.

Kenny C

Agent
Adam

Thank you again for the reply back. If i don't need to remove my interconnect then PERFECT. Who should i call to get the new firmware ? B&K or my Dealer ?

Did you noticed anything changes with 2.08 ?
Should i wait until Dec/Jan for the newer one ?

Thank you again

Kenny

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I would call your dealer and have them talk to their B&K Rep. Explain that you want to do it yourself rather than sending it to B&K, or bringing it in. They will want your old firmware chip back. I didn't notice a difference, but I installed the upgrade before I really started using it. I don't know for sure when the upgrade will be available. The Dec/Jan upgrade will be one that at this time you have to send the unit into B&K for and it will cost. The upgrade will include a new CPU and at this time new DACS. It will upgrade the Ref 30 to the same software features as the new Ref 50.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks