What's new

Awesome DirecTivo install...had to share... (1 Viewer)

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
Well.....after 3 years with E* and a stand alone Sony Tivo unit....and after the Viacom situation at E*, I decided it was time to make a change and get a real Tivo with DirecTV . My local installer has been waiting for a new shipment of Hughes DirecTivos for the last two weeks. I have been waiting that long till he had the equipment to do the install with the Tivo unit. Well.....the install happened today and the installer was incredibly nice and competent. And here is the best part. I had originally ordered the HDVR40....but the unit that they installed was the HDVR120. Since these models were the only units they had received on their order....the installer decided to just give me this 120GB version for the same $99 price as the HDVR40. On top of that, he upgraded my dish to the triple LNB for $20. The installer spent a lot of time focusing the dish for the three satellites and was able to get a 96 out of 100 on the signal strength on all three satellites. (He took a small TV and DirecTV Tuner box with him up on the roof to help focus the dish and not have to move up and down so much). Now I am all ready on the wiring and Dish setup for HDTV in the future.

So...I got a 100 hour Tivo with the Triple LNB Dish and both tuners hooked up for $120.

Not to advertise for them....but if anyone in the LA area wants to know who they were....just email me. Now I have t go play with the 2 tuner thing...and set up my season passes. :)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Wow, that is nice. Think they would come out to Denver to install mine? ;)

Enjoy Brian...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks