Avoid Abes of Maine like the plague!!!!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by greggor, Jan 11, 2007.

1. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    Don't give their online reviews any credibility as it's my belief that most of the positive ones are fabricated.

Here's my Abes of Maine story.....

I ordered the InFocus IN76 from them with a ceiling mount. The projector was $1800.00 and the mount was 149.99. The projector showed up very fast, however I suspect that it was either returned or that it was a refurbished model as it appeared to be repacked and the box was obviously previously opened due to a poor job of taping it closed. I was also charged $249.99 for the ceiling mount vice the advertised $149.99 price displayed on their website. I called the store several times to resolve the issue. I was placed on hold each time for extended periods and no-one ever answered, I've emailed their customer service several times with no response. Finally I called a sales representative and told the individual who answered the phone (a sales rep) not to put me on hold again, I explained everything to him and he immediately wanted to argue with me. I'm not sure what my next course of action will be since I can't seem to get a hold of anyone at the store with any kind of authority, but I am disputing the charge on my credit card for the ceiling mount. I hope and pray that the projector doesn't have any issues because I know if it does Abes won't do anything about it.

If you bought from Abes and had good luck, I would say consider yourself very lucky. A very big thumbs down for me, buyer be very aware with these guys.

Greg

2. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    By far the worse customer service I've ever experienced. They still haven't replied to any of my emails inquiring about the ceiling mount and everytime I call to talk to someone in a management postion I get placed on hold and no-one ever answers. Better Business Bureau here I come.........

Has anyone here had any luck with these guys in situations like this?

3. Harpozep

Harpozep Stunt Coordinator

The general consensus is to stay far away from these folks. Sorry you are involved.[​IMG]
    Reseller ratings.com gives them a 3.67 out of 10 at the present time. I've seen it lower............[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good luck and report back.

4. greggor

greggor Second Unit

Greg
    These guys are a lost cause. NON EXISTENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! I did get the projector as I mentioned and it does work. I only paid 1799.00 for the projector which sort of absorbs the extra cost I absorbed for the over charged ceiling mount, still though, an honorable company would have answered my calls, emails etc..... and refunded me the money that I was overcharged. Lesson learned I guess...... FWIW the ratings are very misleading, all I noticed prior to ordering was that Abes Of Maine was a 4.5 star seller. It wasn't until I after I had problems with them that I discovered all the negative reviews. Stay away from these yahoos!!!