What's new

avia (1 Viewer)

chris d.

Auditioning
has anyone else found the avia home theater tune-up disc absolutely useless. None of the test really work good for me.own a xbr 800 and think i'll call a professional. on the first test(white level) i could not get any blooming.Am i doing something wrong?

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator
Blooming It's only seen in CRTs, If your XBR set has a LCD panel you won't get any blooming ever, there are another tests (in avia disc) to adjust white level on such displays.:)

Pus Suchre

Stunt Coordinator
Call the pro :) I smile, yet I haven't properly tuned mine yet- I may too be calling the pro :)

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Most decent CRT sets today do not bloom, period.

Joe Kane has written articles in WSR Magazine suggesting that Contrast on a CRT set is best set (assuming that it does not bloom) by looking closely for a slight color change in the top white panel of the Pluge. I think (but will not swear to it) that the panel will go slightly yellow when the set is overdriven.

I have never observed this, personally, but trust that it is true.

I usually use Needle Pulses+Steps to set contrast, looking for a setting that results in minimal line bending of the black line that goes through the white section.

Blacklevel, Color, Tint, and Sharpness is very easy to set with any of the discs in question.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks