What's new

Avia and Speaker Phase (1 Viewer)

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
I have a few questions about Avia and speaker phase. I rearranged some things in my HT room and re-did all of my calibrations. I don't usually go through the speaker phase test, but decided to do it this time (the one with 1.5 seconds of localized sound followed by 0.5 seconds of diffuse). When it ran the left front/center phase test the tones were clearly reversed. I checked my wiring on the center channel and it was correct on the speakers. I then reversed it - to + and re-ran the test and the phase test was now correct. So my question is should I leave the polarity reversed on the center channel? Is there any damage to speaker/receiver that could occur from this? Also, could this be a speaker position problem that could be corrected by repositioning my speaker to get the phase correct? Does Guy Kuo still visit this forum?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Jeff

Dick Knisely

Second Unit

Nope. Sounds to me like something is mismarked on either the AVR or the speaker and if that's what the test says is right then that's the way I'd leave it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks