What's new

Avi Arad talks 7 more sequels for Spider Man (1 Viewer)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I could picture two more, but definitely not seven. It's just a strange number. Do they have storylines or particular character arcs they wish to fulfill?

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I read Kirsten Dunst says she is out after 3 and doesn't think Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi will do any more. She also said she hopes Spidey dies and leaves her pregnant with a litter.

Scott Thomas

Second Unit
Well, from a super-villan stand point there's:

The Lizard
Hob-Goblin
Venom
Carnage
Kraven
Mysterio
Electro
Shocker
Black Cat
Green Goblin 2 (Harry Osbourne)
Doppler-ganger
Demi-Goblin
Silver Mane
Hydro-man
Sand-man

and I'm sure MANY more

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well none of the primaries is critical to the franchise IMO. They have all done outstanding work of course, but other great directors, producers, actors, etc. do actually exist.

As long as they have good scripts and can replace talented people with other talented people then I say go for it.

Bond and Dracula have both been revisited as characters time and again and the success is dependent on who is doing the film and the script more than "the character just got tired".

Spidey is one of the all-time great characters, period. Hero or otherwise. Lots of material and conflict to be mined if they want to.

I like his attitude of "hey, we aren't planning it, but we also aren't anti-planning it (ie, ruling it out)". If they can make more good ones even without the original artists then why not?

BTW, clearly they need to do EIGHT of them. :D

Paul_Sjordal

Supporting Actor
I wish I could be as optimistic as you, Seth, but let's face it: the chances aren't good.

Sci-fi/fantasy/superhero franchises traditionally turn to crap by the third movie or so, then die a horrible death one or two movies after that. As for the Bond comparison, I'm not sure that inspires me; I happen to think the Bond movies stink and always have.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
It is possible, the superman series went strong. I just don't see 9 happening at the pace that are right now.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
Silver Sable should be added to the list of baddies

also his spy parents android duplicates, the clones, ummm

Also Spider-Girl, his daughter from an alternate future could be a possible continuation of the film

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Please let that be the last mention of the misbegotten clone storyline ;)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

The Wall Street Journal reported last week that Raimi and Maquire were on board for #4.
I posted the quote from the article in the Spider-Man 2 discussion thread.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
You guys are forgetting 2 villians I think could work really well on film 2 of my favs - Scorpion and The Vulture (I always preferred the old man version)

I thought the plan was for 6 films. Kirsten did say shes out after 3 but $$$ talks. With Sam and Tobey on for 4, I wouldnt be suprised to see Kirsten stay.If she doesnt they can always go on with out her.

I actually preferred when she wasnt around in the comics.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Only if you compare it to Batman. And that's only 'cause they had the original Superman to keep things from going too shitty.

I mean, if Superman IV hadn't had Reeve Supes and Hackman Lex it would have been just another power rangers-style clone.

Adam Portrais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Portrais
I'm going to have to agree with Seth. I'd love to see as many Spider-Man Movies as long as they are done at the same level of quality as the first and second (of which I'll be seeing tonight!!!).

Oh, and Tory, don't ever mention the Clones again.:angry:
(that is unless it's to bash them :) )

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
It's not impossible to consider. Initially, the Salkinds had envisioned somewhere between 7-10 "Superman" films with Christopher Reeve in the role. Of course, we all know fully well what happened there.

Then, of course, there's the "Zatoichi" (sp?) series from Japan, with at least 27 films in that series (not counting the TV series or the recent remake).

But realistically, as for a planned series of films, the sequel should be as good as the first one in order to sustain the life of the series. If there's more "Spider-Man" films in the works, I'll be happy with them, as long as the quality is maintained from the original and the new sequel. If not, it could easily go by the wayside big time - can we all say "Batman and Robin"?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Batman and Superman suffered because the directors changed. If Raimi sticks onto this for the long run, who knows what could happen. Back-to-back shooting is the best bet, IMHO. If they do LOTR-like filming and kill three birds with one stone, they could have Dunst on for 3, 4, and 5. Or, they could go onto unprecented ground and shoot all 7 at once. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks