What's new

Average Joe: Hawaii (on-going thread) (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I'll go with Tony for the final average Joe. Not sure if he will get picked over a hunk but he will be one of the final 2. I'll have to wait to see what happens with the hunks before I pick. :D

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Good episode..

I was glad David got cut loose, finally.. I'm a big a-hole for saying it, I'm sure, but he annoyed me to no end.. Almost as bad as all those no-shirt, stuck-up pretty boys.. :)

She was really sweet to let him down as easy as she did..

I was sure cheering for good ol' Brian.. He did all right, I thought..

I don't know if it's editing.. It must be.. But I wish just once they'd show one of the guys asking about HER for once.. "So what do you want out of life Larissa?" (Geezz.. There go all my delusions of me having a shot with her.. I thought her name was Marissa up till now.. :)), "How'd you get interested in art?".. Something! LOL

Good for Sean for losing all that weight!!! He looks alot better, and I'm sure he feels alot better physically and mentally.. If he can do it, anybody can.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Too bad Theo was booted, it would have made for some more good TV to have him around. :) His breakdown and tears and little speech about how he didn't like "the hunks" and felt like they were the same kind of guys that picked on him in school was both moving and a little freakish.

It seemed as if he did the little drawing (which I actually found rather humorous :)) to fit in with "the hunks" but it backfired on him. He should never have badmouthed one of his own either, that was a bad idea from the start that I figured would come back and bite him in the ass. That whole argument with Michael C and the subsequent commotion about the drawing was pretty entertaining though, in a trainwreck sort of way...

Brian did OK on his date from what they showed, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's a little tired of the "I've never loved, but maybe now I will" routine from the geeks on the show. He really looked a lot better in his new haircut, by the way.

I was pretty sure David would be booted this time, but I gotta say that from what they've shown, he is a class act through and through. Yes, he was very jumpy and energetic, but he knew who he was, he knew how other people saw him, and he seemed to be OK with that. He didn't try and be something he wasn't, which is what I get the feeling a lot of the other guys are doing.

Speaking of that, the "hunk" she went on a date with this time... I totally agree with what Larissa said that he just seemed to try too damn hard to say all the right things and do all the right moves. He did NOT come off as sincere at all in the glimpses they showed us of the date.

I agree with Doug above that they should show more of what Larissa says during the dates. They almost always just show her asking questions and they answer. I know that she probably says the same things over and over on the different dates, but hey, just show us something else than the guy talking. :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I must say that I was expecting this show to be more of the same ol' same ol' but last nights episode really impressed me. I also have a lot more respect for Larissa in how she is treating the average Joes and the new guys. I think her brief 'feeding frenzy' with the new guys is over and she is starting to see each for who they really are reguardless of their looks. Hopefully she goes with her guy and cuts the one that was saying all the right things.

It is pretty funny how all of the 'hunks' are constantly without their shirts. Wonder if that is their choice or the producers.

Theo's breakdown was very interesting to watch and it is a shame he got booted, but his whole speech was hard to watch. It felt very sincere but it just came out of left field. I mean dang, he got that attached that quickly to the 'guys'?!

Next week looks like it could be the best episode yet. New hot girl mixes things up with Larissa and gives her the same feeling that the Joes got when all of the hunks came. Tug of war game, and then the date with Tony on a boat. It looked like the guys had a 'trigger' device in the house that set off a charge and sank the boat that they were on. This is going to really suck if it is true as Tony had his newly revealed painting on there as well.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky

Amen!! At least be honest.. "I'm afraid of rejection", "I'm afraid of intimacy".. Whatever.. The whole "I've been just too busy, or emotionally detached to connect with anyone" thing is so transparent it's sad.

I'm not a big fan of Tony, either.. That crap with his facial "art" just creeps me out.. That and he looks like he's 1/3 albino with the pasty complexion and those reddish, buggy eyes.. I know, I know, don't throw rocks in a house of glass.. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wow, it seems like NBC has produced a show that is engaging people's emotions into it. I watched the show, and the amount of drama these guys provoke among each other is amazing.

I don't really know if Larissa really finds the AJs "date" material in the real world, but at least she's approaching this experience with more of an open mind than I had thought she would have.

Watching this edition does feel like it's the Tri-Lambs vs. the Alpha-Betas, though.

dave_brogli

Screenwriter
Ive really enjoyed this aj. As opposed to the last one that I thought was so-so. I almost found myself in tears when she cut david. i felt so sad. i like tv and movies that make me feel. Im sick of watching tv as a robot.

and tony is odd.

Flave

Auditioning
Well, I'm not a big fan of 'relationship' reality shows, but I must say this show has captured my attention. And I think the only reason for this is Larissa. And it's not just her looks. Sure, she's very pretty. But pretty is a dime-a-dozen on TV these days. There's something about her that goes beyond mere beauty. Poise, demeanor, style, personality -- whatever you want to call it, I think she has it. IMO, she definitely has a future in acting (and according to her webpage this is indeed her ambition).

Which brings me to the main problem I have with this show. I don't know if Larissa is being nice to the Joes because she's genuinely attracted to them or, as I suspect, because she wants good television in order to further her career. Given her aspirations, I guess I can understand this but obviously this isn't very fair to the guys. Some of them actually think they have a chance with her (the artist guy comes to mind) and are getting in pretty deep -- a little too deep IMO. And let's face it -- they don't have a snowball's chance in hades. And that's probably the way it should be. I firmly believe it's best for people to couple up with those in their own 'league'. There are always exceptions of course, but I don't see any on this show and she is going to hurt some of these guys.

The only way Larissa is going to pick one of the average guys is as a calculated publicity stunt. And that would definitely be very...ummmm...'average' of her.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
She finally booted Michael K. When the show first started I thought he was really arrogant, but as it went on I realized he's just stupid and doesn't know any better.

Hard to fault anybody for pushing that plunger though. I mean com'on, you're on a TV show, they give them this big plunger to push so they do without really thinking about. Not even the "Joes" said "hey hold on a minute".

It should have been very easy to explain "Hey, I guess I did it without really thinking", but Michael K just kind of froze up and said "duh..." so bye bye...

The remaining contestants on both sides seem decent enough, as most of the jerks have been booted. I think Michael C is a bit of a jerk, but at least he has the intelligence to play the game properly...

- Jack

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
They sure played up the 'other woman' on the promos and it was just a quasi-celeb coach that laid down on one guy congratulating him. So much for that twist of another woman.

Glad the overly obnoxious guys are gone. That Michael is so full of himself.

Next week, the 'mother' comes to visit. Wonder who it is that 'hangs themself' as you can hear in the promo?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

I think at least Fredo said something like "I would not do that".

But I would say that this was the "jumping the shark" moment for this show. :D I mean, how stupid was that???? Of course they were gonna push down the detonator. If anyone should be at fault, it should be the producers. I bet there were some not so nice things said about them by Larissa and TOny... :)

The beach thing was fun, but having a tug-of-war as the final contest seemed as an even worse idea than having them play dodgeball, but I guess it wasn't as bad of a defeat as that time for the "old guys".

Brian-W

Screenwriter
Anyone notice how when Larissa is with the Average Joe's it's like the Joe's are "starstruck" and she's taking it all in, but when Larissa is with the good looking guys, it's the opposite (she is "starstruck")?

Just noticed that last night...

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Yes, the wife and I laugh at this dichotemy every episode since the new guys arrived..

Larissa: You're so fun to be around..

Average Joe: Wow, you are SO beautiful!!!

5th percentile Joe: Hi Laris...!?

Larissa: Hmmm-smootch-mmmmmmmm-umm-mmwaaa

:)

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
Larissa booted Michael K. Awesome!!! Now if she can see through Michael C's facade and boot him next week, I'll be totally happy. Remember Michael C is the guy who called Larissa beaver and then push the detonator to blow up Larissa and Tony's boat when they are on a date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks