What's new

The Avengers (2012) (1 Viewer)

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
I have a question about the first scene after the credits
Isn't the villain seen at the end mugging the camera Red Skull? When you watch Captain America, it's obvious that he ports to another realm.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
No, that dude is
Thanos, an old-time Avengers villain from the 1970 and 1980s, who has quite a cosmic tapestry as Thanos went around looking for the cosmic cube.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
Thanks, Patrick.
That movie was lots of fun. I had to quiet my 10 year old son down a little as he started yelling for Hulk to "get him!" He was WAY into it and on the way out asked if I could preorder the Blu! :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Patrick Sun said:
No, that dude is
Thanos, an old-time Avengers villain from the 1970 and 1980s, who has quite a cosmic tapestry as Thanos went around looking for the cosmic cube.
I thought it was a Skrull until my friend corrected me. Thank God I didn't say that at a comic book store or I'd never have been able to show my face in there again. :)

Rian

Stunt Coordinator
I think that was the most fun I had watching a movie in a long time.
Absolutely loved just about every scene with the Hulk. The Hulk/Loki scene was definitely the best part of the movie! Everybody just lost it at that point. Anyone know what Hulk actually said after he smashed Loki?
I can't wait for the next batches of movies to start. Is Iron Man 3 up next?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Rian /t/278084/avengers-movie-thread/210#post_3923411
I think that was the most fun I had watching a movie in a long time.
Absolutely loved just about every scene with the Hulk. The Hulk/Loki scene was definitely the best part of the movie! Everybody just lost it at that point. Anyone know what Hulk actually said after he smashed Loki?
I can't wait for the next batches of movies to start. Is Iron Man 3 up next?
I thought he said puny God.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I hearby declare that Joss Whedon should write all future Tony Stark dialog. Perfect fit for the character.
Great movie! I may even see it again in the theater.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This was a tremendous amount of fun. As with the best of these movies, it was true to the source material. I continue to find Downey and Evans perfect fits for their characters. Ruffalo was the movie's best surprise - so good in the role that it would be a crime not to give him his own movie. Hemsworth and Hiddleston were also great, and had me looking forward to Thor 2 (especially with the Game of Thrones director on board). Nice that they addressed Jane Foster's absence. I liked Scarlet Johansson, especially her early interrogation scene. Not really sure Renner fits the part though - just seemed like a generic badass. I get the point of Agent Coulson's character but think there was another way to make the point without what they did. I liked that Gwynth Paltrow had a cameo or two.

These Marvel Studios films have been pretty damn good overall (notwithstanding IM2). Glad to see the huge success of this one. Hopefully it means more great work from the likes of Whedon.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Agent Coulson doesn't have to be dead. Fury lied about the cards and could have easily lied over the intercom about the medics pronouncing him dead for the same reason. Yes it did appear he expired on screen but that could be explained as losing consciousness. I'm not saying it wasn't intended that way but they could bring him back with a perfectly reasonable explanation. It isn't like he has no head :)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Whedon likes to kill off beloved supporting characters. He's done it in Buffy, Angel and Firefly (Serenity). Maybe there's a small possibility he'll be back, but having him just be dead is more Whedon's style.
Has everyone seen the Marvel One shot "Something funny happened on the way to Thor's hammer" on the Captain America Blu-ray? I've lost interest in watching most extras these day so I just saw this short last night. Great stuff! Go Coulson! I also just found "The Consultant" on the Thor blu-ray. Are there any other Marvel One Shots I'm missing?
The Avengers was really great. Looking forward to seeing it again this weekend!

EricW

Senior HTF Member
Whedon likes to kill off beloved supporting characters. He's done it in Buffy, Angel and Firefly (Serenity). Maybe there's a small possibility he'll be back, but having him just be dead is more Whedon's style.

if you bring him back (which would be cheesy), you really can't kill him again :P

Greg_D_R

Stunt Coordinator
Sean Bryan said:
Has everyone seen the Marvel One shot "Something funny happened on the way to Thor's hammer" on the Captain America Blu-ray? I've lost interest in watching most extras these day so I just saw this short last night. Great stuff! Go Coulson! I also just found "The Consultant" on the Thor blu-ray. Are there any other Marvel One Shots I'm missing?
The Avengers was really great. Looking forward to seeing it again this weekend!
Right there with you, I found the one shots on Youtube today, and never bothered to watch the blu ray extras. I admit, after Avengers, this little scene has an emotional undertone to it:
[VIDEO]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1uD5_ovwqg[/VIDEO]

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Saw it last night, and for the most part the family and I really enjoyed it, in particular the humor.
As has been mentioned the Hulk/Loki scene. Absolutely classic. The audience roared.
Having said that, while we genuinely enjoyed the first two thirds of the film, we found that it was badly let down by the last third.
I felt like I was watching a re-work of a Transformers" battle, where the soldiers are augmented by the Avengers. All fast cuts and incomprehensible CGI. At least they didn't have Shia LeBoeuf to really kill it. :)
Great popcorn movie, and we will undoubtedly buy the BR, but last 3rd just did not work well for us.
Putting that aside, we saw it in 2D digital projection, and the picture quality was excellent....the sound....not so much. Loud as hell, but the frequency balance where we sat (1/3 back, dead center) was not so good....a bit boomy and strident at the same time. Obviously that would be the fault of the theater.
Brian

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Dolby sent us over a behind-the-scenes video regarding the mixing of the audio for the Avengers movie.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Saw it today with the wife.
Was odd that the theater opened only 35 minutes before the start time of this and only 20 minutes before the start of the first movie in the house.
Anyway this is a great movie.
All the action was perfect. I loved he fight scenes. The snappy dialog andit was funny as heck.
My favorite funny parts were a line by Thor about his brother and the Hulk had several really funny "lines".
When hulk screamed at Iron Man to wake him and Stark yelled,"what the hell." again when Hulk and Thor both landed right next to each other and Hulk fired out a left and punched Thor out of the scene.
That last one had the entire theater my wife and I were in laughing out loud. There was plenty of laughing in our theater, not any cheering as I've heard in other viewings. The people in our room loved it.
We were he only ones in there. An entire theater empty except for us two. It was a dream come true for me
We saw it in 3D but the 3D didn't add anything for me and would have been better off flat especially since I wear glasses and had to wear those lousy 3D glasses over mine.
I know they couldn't all them Skrulls but isnt
This what they were essentially. The aliens that is.
Loved the little cameo during the credits and the scene after the credits was funny as heck too.
I do have one question about The Hulk, Banner said his secret is
he stays angry all the time. So why isn't he always the Hulk
Also I didn't catch the use of the Quim word, when was that?
4.5 stars.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Mewling quim" was used by Loki when Black Widow spoke to him while he was in the Hulk room on the helicarrier.
Just got back from seeing it on a true IMAX screen in 3D, just as fun as the first time, even when you know the literal punchlines are coming your way.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I always wonder why so many people are so quick to jump up as soon as the credits start rolling. Haven't people figured out by now that there is a scene buried in the credits of every Marvel movie?
Of course, the upside to that means shorter lines (if any) in the restroom when I get there.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by Chip_HT /t/278084/avengers-movie-thread/210#post_3924865
I always wonder why so many people are so quick to jump up as soon as the credits start rolling. Haven't people figured out by now that there is a scene buried in the credits of every Marvel movie?
Of course, the upside to that means shorter lines (if any) in the restroom when I get there.
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, but apparently they don't care enough about such scenes.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks