What's new

Avalanche 18 (1 Viewer)

Kevin_Martin

Auditioning
Just got this monster in and should have it mounted in a few days.

Its pretty impressive to say the least. I'll update once I get some pics of it next to my Maelstrom.

Going in 13cubes tuned to 17hz. Should be fun.

Kevin

P.S. Anyone want a Mael?

Chad Kuypers

Stunt Coordinator

I can't wait to hear what you think!! A ported Avalanche 18 has downright scary output. Any decent amount of power with your enclosure will definitely should get things shakin'. :)

Chad Kuypers
Ascendant Audio

Kevin_Martin

Auditioning
I figure it'll have somewhere between 600-700w going to it, so yeah........decent power I suppose. :)

I think I need to brace my box more before I install it, tho.

stephanX

Stunt Coordinator
Too bad youre just a bit late with your selling the mael or else i mighta bought it. 13 cubed should give you some rediclous low end. Why didn't you go for a lower tuning though? youre not going to use all the displacement for spl, so might as well tune lower, and give up a bit of headroom.

TTIUWP(this thread is useless without pics)

may your new subwoofer bring much concussion to you and your loved ones.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i was playing with the 18 in win isd and it liked a 1000l box each i am thinking of 2 18 on my 26cf box i have now tuned to 17 hz. but how many 4 in flaired ports should each 18 need?

Kevin_Martin

Auditioning
Well, I really don't think that tuning 1-2hz lower would have changed things all that much.

As far as port area, I'll be using the same pair of 4" ports that I used with my Maelstrom and I experienced no noise problems using those. After I get the Avalanche in I'll know for sure, but I'd imagine with tuning that low 4 4" ports would work fine. Although, another pair certainly wouldn't hurt anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks