What's new

AV Receiver guidance for novice (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Gene c

With all due respect...now that you have brought Ascend into the discussion...how is it that they are selling the HK 645 for $168 more than OneCall...that is not what I consider user friendly information...all in good fun of course.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Gene c

I took a look at the Ascend Forum...and they did a recent poll of which receivers Ascend users preferred to use with their Ascend speakers and Pioneer, Denon, Yamaha and Onkyo outscored HK by 8 to 5...please check their Forum if you would like to verify this statement. :)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi Gene c

Of course you don't want to see the grief that others are experiencing...just on one page alone I saw enough grief to last me a lifetime...all in good fun of course.

alan22153

Auditioning
Real Name
al
Well, thanks to everyone for their input. I have decided on the Onkyo 604, which I've ordered from accessories4less.com. Now, it's on to speaker selection. I'm sure I'll post a request for help on the speaker forum soon!

I'm new here, and I do very much appreciate all the input I've been given. And I do realize that there are going to be many different opionions expressed here, which I should take with a grain of salt. That being said, I felt that the back and forth that went on towards the end of this thread should have been on a different thread altogether. I kept getting messages that a post had been made to the thread I started - only to see it was two members going back and forth at each other.

Just my two cents...again I greatly appreciate the input from all.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member

Hi alan

I am glad you settle on the Onkyo 604. It is unfortunate that things got a little messy. I try to help everyone who is looking to buy equipment. I want people to get the best performing, most user friendly, fully featured, most reliable, and highest rated HT/AV equipment that they possibly can.

I had an Onkyo in my system for a time and I enjoyed it. Please don't feel in any way uncomfortable about the back and forth that went on towards the end of this thread. It was an honest attempt to help individuals avoid the heartache of having to deal with unreliable equipment.

Best Regards

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
You're absolutly right Al. I'm embarressed that I let myself get pulled into such an exchange. Please accept my apology and and don't let it stop you from from comming back to the forum. There's a lot of friendly people here who have good info to share. And congrats on the 604. Again, my apologies.

alan22153

Auditioning
Real Name
al
Arthur & Gene,

No need to apologize. I appreciate any and all feedback. I'm about to delve into the world of speakers and subwoofers. There seems to be even more vendors to choose from in that area......wish me luck..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks