What's new

Automatic watches (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I've used a Casio Gshock atomic solar watch for 4 years, and I'm very pleased with it. I NEVER have to set it, since it sets itself (so it will never be off by more than a half second or so), and I don't need to replace batteries. It's an unbeatable combination of accuracy, convenience, and versatility (multiple time zones, stopwatch, etc. etc.). I'm bemused by the talk about how mechanical watches are "accurate enough", since the makers of such watches used to make accuracy such a big selling point. Since the digital revolution, they've wanted to change the subject. And all the talk about the value of "skill" makes about as much sense to me as saying the Industrial Revolution and mass production were "bad" for people. It also ignores the genius that was needed to create the electronic circuitry that goes into these watches.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I bought some type of battery powered Invicta from Costco last year. Normally $100, but they had a $50 coupon. Gotten lots of comments on how nice it looks, seems to pass itself off as a much more expensive watch.

I've had it almost a year and have never had to reset the time. Just change the date for months that aren't 31 days.

Just your basic quartz, divers watch, but for $50 I'm happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks