What's new

Autographed DVD thread (1 Viewer)

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I have 1 signed DVD:
Fozzy: Unleashed, Uncensored, Unknown by Chris Jericho
I also have Rob Zombie's autograph as well, but it's on a CD compilation: Halloween Hootenanny.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Well, Kevin is very accessible
Yeah I would think that to be true. I saw his hour (maybe more) presentation at this year's Comic Con. I was waiting for the New Line LOTR presentation. He was really quite entertaining and seemed pretty nice. He was signing autographs after as well, so had I been a fan of his work I probably would be part of the "Kevin Smith signed my dvd" contigent here.

Anyway, you got a pretty unique collection there Jeff. Weird Al? Yeah!

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I've only got one autographed DVD, but it is my favorite movie: GoodFellas, signed by Henry Hill.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Superman: Richard Donner and Tom Mankewitz (Writer)
American Werewolf In London: Rick Baker and John Landis
Big Trouble In Little China: John Carpenter

All but Superman are personalised. Met in person. :)

Ive met a few rock stars as well; but thats another thread.

AlexK

Grip
Getting things signed is a little trickier if you're living overseas, so I have only one signed DVD yet:

"Starship Troopers" - Jost Vacano (director of photography, met in person)

PeterSOB

Grip
Autographed DVD's
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)-Kevin McCarthy
City of Lost Children- Jean-Pierre Jeunet (complete with sketch of an Alien swooning over Audrey Tautou)
Cat People (1982)-Paul Schrader
The Matrix-Laurence Fishburne
Heaven's Gate-Kris Kristofferson
Martin-George Romero
Dead Ringers (Criterion)-David Cronenberg
Army of Darkness (2-Disc Limited Edition)-Bruce Campbell
Obession-Cliff Robertson
Fando and Lis=Alejandro Jodorowsky
Nashville-Robert Altman
Blade Runner-Sean Young
Bad Girls Go to Hell/Another Day, Another Man-Doris Wishman
Romance-Catherine Breillat
Hard Boiled (Criterion)-John Woo
13 Ghosts (original)-MArtin Milner
Ghostbusters-Harold Ramis
Pulp Fiction-John Travolta
Piranha-Joe Dante
Mulholland Drive-Robert Forster
George Washington (Criterion)-David Gordon Green
The French Connection-William Friedkin
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2-Bill Moseley and Bill Johnson
Octopussy-Maud Adams
Moonraker-Lois CHiles
Living Daylights-Maryam D'Abo

LASERDISCS
Rock 'N' Roll High School-Roger Corman
The Player (Criterion)-Lyle Lovett
Polyester (Criterion)John Waters and Mink Stole (on Odorama card)
Supercop (Criterion)-Jackie Chan
Time Bandits (Criterion)-Terry Gilliam
WHo Framed Roger Rabbit?-Bob Hoskins
Braveheart-Sophie Marceau
Blow Out-John Travolta

VHS
Coffy-Pam Grier
Faraway So Close!-Wim Wenders
The Moderns-Alan Rudolph
Andy Warhol's Frankenstein-Paul Morrisey
Exposed-James Toback
The Wicker Man-Christopher Lee
Point Blank-John Boorman
Prospero's Books-Peter Greenaway
The Killer-Chow Yun-Fat
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls-Russ Meyer
Thief-Michael Mann
Rolling Thunder-William Devane
Stop Making Sense-Jonathan Demme
The Untouchables-KEvin Costner

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
(All in person)
Big Trouble in Little China - John Carpenter
Mulan - Tony Bancroft
Superman - Richard Donner, Tom Menk, and smolonski

All signed by Sammo Hung:
Eastern Condors
Magnificent Butcher
Prodigal Son
Wheels on Meals
Winners and Sinners
Pedicab Driver VHS
Yeah, I forced him to sign them all at once. :D

Some of my non-DVD autographs are the coolest though. Like Stan Lee signing my Generation X #1 comic book. I have Robert Zemeckis' autograph on a piece of paper. Eric Goldberg of Looney Tunes: back in action fame was kind enough to sign and draw Bug's head on my popcorn bucket. I had to buy the Art of Bug's Life book with John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton's sig which was nice. I also bought a signed sketch of Mrs. Brisby from Secret of Nimh from Don Bluth's site.

But ever since being majorly dissed at an el capitan screening where I tried to get disney animator andreas deja's autograph, I've sort of become quite disenchanted with the whole autograph seeking thing.

Shane_M

Stunt Coordinator
Ultimate Edition (Tin) of Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition. Won on an auction of the Schwarzenegger.com website.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
But ever since being majorly dissed at an el capitan screening where I tried to get disney animator andreas deja's autograph, I've sort of become quite disenchanted with the whole autograph seeking thing.
A Disney animator with a big ego? Oh man you've got to give us more on this story.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine has his copy of Memento signed by Guy Pearce, addressed to him saying "Don't Forget."

James_M

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
A Disney animator with a big ego? Oh man you've got to give us more on this story.
Well, he seemed pretty nice to lots of people actually, giving autographs and talkng to people and even doing a sketch for a person but I had asked him for a sketch real early on when he was walking around before everyone was asking him for autographes and he was like "hold on, in a minute" and then he waltzed away. I tried to catch him later on but one of the personnel guys was shooing everyone away cause Mr. Dejas had to go. He managed to shoo everyone away except me cause I wanted to talk to Mr. Dejas himself since I asked him long before. But when he finally got around to just looking at me I showed him the same paper and pencil and he just shugged his shoulders at me and walked past me out the door.

If you think that's crazy, it gets even more nuts. I was so upset I mailed disney studios addressed to him a letter with the same piece of paper and pencil asking for the sketch since I was so close. I never really expected anything out of it and I just wanted get rid of the it. Then, about a month later, I happened to unexpectedly run into Mr. Dejas again at another el capitan premire. He was as surprised as I was to see me and he said he actually got my letter. He then promised that he would mail me a sketch but he never did. I probably sent him two more kind letters but I never got any reply. :frowning: I can't say I didn't find him a nice guy in person but he sure pulled one and two and three things over on me! It's been about a year since. After that let down, unless it's a scheduled signing, I think I'll just leave these famous people alone. And I ain't never going back to the el capitain again.

Tom Scholfield

Stunt Coordinator
I have:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre signed by Gunner Hanson

Sleepaway Camp signed by The Entire Cast and Director

and

PSYCHO(Orignal Cover) Signed by Janet Leigh, Pat Hitchcock and Joe Stefano(Writer)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
I've added some in the last few months:

Wet Hot American Summer DVD, which was previously signed by Chris Meloni, has now also been signed by David Wain, Michael Showalter, Michael Ian Black, Zack Orth, Amy Poehler, A.D. Miles, Craid Wedren, Peter Salett, and Jake Fogelnest

Dead & Buried DVD and Wanted: Dead or Alive DVD signed by Gary Sherman

Maniac DVD signed by William Lustig

Maniac Cop LD, previously signed by Larry Cohen is now also signed by William Lustig

Q, The Winged Serpent: SE DVD, God Told Me To DVD, and Bone DVD signed by Larry Cohen

Adaptation. signed by Susan Orlean

DJ

Todd Robertson

Second Unit
Damin, damn...thats so very sweet. some of my fav titles from some of my fav people. very, very nice. you have my respect!!!! I'd give just about anything to have a signed BU title. now even having every BU title seems weak compared to having one signed!!! if you ever need to weed them out someday....I'm here.;)

TonyDale

Second Unit
Two to add after last night:

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: THE ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS

signed by Belle herself, Paige O'Hara.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks