What's new

Auto Sub EQ (1 Viewer)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
The only "automated" device (unless you consider some of the auto eq set ups in pre-amp processors or receivers) is the SOS from Speaker City.

The remaining units (BFD, Velodyne, R-DES) require manual adjustments.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
The BFD, while manual, has a huge base of users out there, as well as this web site: http://www.snapbug.ws/bfd.htm

Worth its weight in gold, IMHO.

EDIT: Looks like the link is bad......will have to see where it went, because it is a wonderful tutorial on the BFD.

BGL

MingL

Stunt Coordinator
Teh DSP8024 and the DEQ2496 are autoEQ devices, but they are based on 1/3oct autoEQ for the graphical EQ.

Not very useful in the LFE region because 1/3 oct is too coarse for any useful EQing for bass. PEQ is a better EQ for bass fequencies because certain bass peaks can be much much narrower than 1/3oct.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
The Behringer products are also not very accurate in the deepest bass, when using Auto EQ ... They ARE very good for fine tuning, IF you can figure out how to set one up.

Most guys cannot, so I stopped recommending the Behringer... not because I did not like it, but because the guys who DO understand it don't need my help... :) ... They are already quite adept at getting good sound.

Rob Bird

Agent
Looks like the DSP8024 has been replaced with the DEQ2496. There is also a 50 dollar rebate going until Jan 31, 2005 on it.

Any advantages or disadvantages to using one instead of the BFD? Is it just cost?

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I think you are talking about add-on devices, however, Velodyne is apparently going to release a software upgrade for its DD series that will add automatic equalization to the prodigious electronics package in the DD line. The DD is a premium product with a premium price. The DD 18 is one of the greatest subwoofers of all time and is arguably the sub of choice at a street price of around $3,600. Nothing else combines the performance, the convenience, the looks, the ease of use, the feature set.

IMHO of course.

Artie

Max F

Second Unit
I must be a geek (or really like working excel spreadsheets), but i thought setting up my BFD was kindof fun. :D

It annoyed the hell out of my wife though... :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks