Auto Modellista, anyone pick this up?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Peter Manojlovich, Mar 29, 2003.

1. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

The reviews are all over the map, from a high of 9.2 to a low of 4 out of 10. Wow. If I didn't know better, I'd say this was a first party microsoft release for the xbox.

I'd be interested in gamer impressions as that kind of latitude in review scores makes me wonder who's on the money with this game. I'd also be interested in online impressions as well.

2. Philip_S

Philip_S Stunt Coordinator

I've had the Japanese version since last summer. Basically it's somewhere in between Ridge Racer & Gran Turismo as far as gameplay. Great looking game. Not too many cars or tracks though. They've addressed that somewhat for the US release, but nothing radically different apparently. A good game, but it could be better.

3. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

Everything is great except for the control. The control sucks. So unless you're -really- into cars, I would say skip it. I own it and will probably keep it but I'm pretty disappointed.

4. Demetri K

Demetri K Stunt Coordinator

It pretty much sucks, I have had it since the japanese release and there is a reason why it was in the bargin bin a c couple weeks after its release. Cant even drift around corners and such. A much better game is Kaido battle in my opinion. I have it now. Wait for that to hit the states!!!! trust me!!!!

5. Brandon_H

Brandon_H Stunt Coordinator

Yep, beautiful game and it's great to race broadband but the control is absolutely lousy. Even worse with the Logitech wheel. I'd rent it first.

6. Peter Manojlovich

Peter Manojlovich Second Unit

That's what the GMR review mentioned, lousy control, they gave it only a 5/10. Thanks, guys. It sure does look pretty, though.

7. Sean Eldridge

Sean Eldridge Second Unit

8. Mike Pattee

Mike Pattee Second Unit

I played it a bit in the store the other night. The control is crap. Which is too bad because the rest of the game shows promise. When you turn it feels like the car turns on a center pivot no feeling of body roll or springs or anything.