What's new

Austin Powers: Goldmember - Technical Issues (merged thread) (1 Viewer)

I got home and popped in my newly purchased 'Austin Powers in Goldmember' DVD (widescreen of course), only to find that it locks up every 2 minutes during playback. In fact, it's almost every 2 minutes exactly. I am able to scan forward through the offending lock-up, but the movie is certainly not very enjoyable when watched under these condtions.

Is anyone else having an issue with this disc?

Thanks,
Blake

mike corwin

Auditioning
Blake,

Yup, same player, same problem as you experienced. It played fine on my pc, and on a Sony.

In fact, even the Goldmember menus were squirelly on the Pioneer...locking up and such, with the audio stopping.

I've never had any issues with an Infinifilm DVD before, although I hear others have.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Strange- I had it playing fine up til 42:00, when it freezes, pixelates, then continues on my Pioneer DVL-909- tried it on my Playstation and it froze and skipped ahead a few seconds. Checked here first to make sure this wasn't an authoring problem like Monsters Inc, guess I'll have to go back to the store! (Didn't buy Lilo and Stitch because of the problem with Monsters Inc BTW, won't buy another Disney title til they fix it!)

Colin-H

Second Unit
Throughout the movie, the navigation controls (rewind, fast forward, pause, chapter skip) on my DVD player (RV31) are disabled.

Anyone else experience this problem?

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
New copy works fine, at least at that spot!
BTW this was the worst attempt to watch a movie I've had in recent memory- start time delayed due to a lot of stupid stuff, then a phone call, then having the disc run into a defect!

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, my DV-37 is having the same problems. However, my XBox seems to run it perfectly. Too bad because it sure was looking nice on the progressive scan player.

Joseph G Blea

Auditioning
Same problem here Colin on my Panasonic RP91. Only way to pause it was to stop the disc, then come back and hit play to start it back up. That didn't work right either though. Usually the DVD will start right back up where I stopped it. With this DVD, it restarted at the beginning of the last chapter. Couldn't pause or scan at all. The only function I had was chapter skip.

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same problem with my ancient Panasonic A115. I've had the player for over 2 years, and this is the first disc problem I've ever had with it.

CarmenC

Auditioning
Panasonic A120, same problem.
Picture and Audio start to stutter after ch.12.
This sucks...
C
:thumbsdown:

Rick Mena

Auditioning
:angry: Having stuttering and pausing issues about 5 min after starting a chapter . . . what's the joke NEW LINE? (Pioneer DV-47 here)

Rick Mena

Auditioning
Yep same freakin problems here!!!!! I HATE having to return things for THIS kind of problem! errrrrrrrrrrr! :angry:

James Reader

Screenwriter
Isn't this the case with all Infinifilm titles on some players. I think (going from memory here) the ffd and rew buttons are disabled on my Inififilm discs but the others work OK (I have 2 Pioneer 727Fs)

BarryS

Second Unit
It's not a problem with the disc. You can't pause. This is apparently, the way the disc was authored. :angry:

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
If you hit menu, you'll be sent back to the menu and you can just resume the film this way. I NEVER pause since that would keep a still image. Although I rarely "pause" anyways since that ruins the movie.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Seems like there are a lot of problems with DVD's on Pioneer players. Note to self never buy one :). Sorry to hear you guys are having these problems. I had no issues on my RP-91, the layer change seems to be at the credits so not in the movie which was great and not really noticeable either.

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
I NEVER pause since that would keep a still image. Although I rarely "pause" anyways since that ruins the movie.
Well, that may be fine for some, but I prefer to get complete functionality out of my DVD player. Locking out BASIC FUNCTIONS (pause, FF, REW) is simply ridiculous!:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Finally ended up watching it on my computer DVD drive.

In response to the above comment regarding Pioneer players... I have watched over 500 DVDs on my DV-37 (including other Infinifilm series discs), and I have to say that this is the first one I've ever had problems with. Maybe others have had issues, but I have been very happy with my choice (though the new Denon players are certainly tempting me).

-Blake

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
Thats weird the pause worked for me on my RV31. I watched the movie last night. There were several times where I had to pause it when I left the room. I didn't try any other functions, but it worked.

Sam Hatch

Stunt Coordinator
Same problem with my A120 -- but...
I tried to pause one scene (the TV news bulletin after Dr. Evil & Mini-Me's World Court trial -- to read the funny little headlines), and first discovered the lockout problem. But skipping back to the beginning of the chapter, I was able to pause just fine, and was able to slow advance my way up to the point I wanted to see. When I got there, it paused just fine.
So apparently you can freeze frame at certain secret 'loophole' points. Anyone with spare time want to find them all and post 'em? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks