What's new

Austin - next HTF meet planning (1 Viewer)

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Ok we are a week and a half away from the planned meet date. Jacob, are things going to be ready in time for the meet to still happen on the planned date?

The reason I keep asking is that I saw a women's clothing store moving into the space that I believe you had said the store was planning to occupy.

If we have to cancel, move back or whatever with the meet, no problem, but please give us an update so that schedules and such can be changed if needed. Thanks.

Frederick_Falk

Second Unit
Okay, now we are less than a week away and I too have not heard anything else. Is this still a go for this Saturday? Inquiring minds want to know.

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Small update:

It sounds like there is some scrambling going on and there is still a chance it may happen this weekend, the final word should be given on Wednesday.

Frederick_Falk

Second Unit
It is Thursday morning and I still have not seen any details for the meet that was scheduled for this Saturday. Is the meet off or is it still a go?

Anyone know what's going on?

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
????

Haven't heard anything from Jacob since Monday, but I would have to assume it is not going to happen this weekend.

Hopefully Jacob does find a good location and he does eventually get his dream off the ground. Also hopefully when that happens, we can reschedule this event and still get the manufacturers down here to kick it off. I was really looking forward to the opportunity to meet these big names in the industry and to hear their wares.

Colin Dunn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Colin Dunn
Bummer about this meet not coming together this weekend. Any thoughts on when it may be rescheduled? Or should we look to start planning a different meet later this month / early next month?

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
Colin, I think it would be prudent for us to start planning something else maybe along idea No. 2 that I threw out at the beginning of this thread.

If things change for the better on the Grand Opening, we can always adapt.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Tubes, have you actually spoken with Jacob? If the store opening is delayed or cancelled, I wish he would post. We'd be disappointed, but certainly understanding.

Tubes, don't you mean idea #1? Your idea #2 in your first post was the Jacob store event. Idea #1 was the install Colin's room treatments idea that I expanded on in my post #7 on this thread. Colin: have you started building treatments or purchased the materials?

Since we all had this on our calendars for tomorrow, should we get together for a HT discussion lunch so as to not be 100% disappointed?

Scott Oliver

Screenwriter
I haven't talked to him he just responded to an email from me back on Monday. And yeah on the number stuff, that's what I meant - Colin's room treatments.

ReneZam

Stunt Coordinator
Bummer..o well we will try next time..hope everyones fine.if any is interested i have 4 Gmail account invites up for grabs lemme know who wants`em..Also the Hastings here in San Marcos is having a midnight release party for the Star Wars DVD release and you get a free lithograph thingy

ReneZam

Stunt Coordinator

Humphrey

Stunt Coordinator
I thought SW wasn't being released until later this month? Is this a early release? In the posts above it seems like you mean this Monday. I'm up for it regardless, I need to visit the folks (parents) down in San Marcos anyway if its tomorrow being discussed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks