What's new

August MGM Midnite Movies and Horror Promotion titles! (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I wanna see the other Madhouse(by Orion, now MGM)
the one with Kirstie Alley and John Laraquette

I know it's not horror, but very "stupid" funny:)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I wanted sooooooooo bad "BURN WITCH BURN"
Darn it !!!!!!!! Maybe next time ?????????????

JeffMc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
jeffmc
SQUIRM rocks and it will be great to see the original uncut R-Rated version again after so many years of only having the edited print on video. EASILY one of my MOST WANTED titles ever and to finally see this 70's drive-in favorite come out in a special edition is beyond words. Jeff Leiberman commentary track - slammin!

RAW MEAT - killer flick - first time ever on US video! 70's Cannibal fans rejoice!

TROLL 2 - One of the weirdest and stupidest euro-horror crapfests ever - I MUST HAVE THIS! I would have never thought TROLL 2 would ever make it on to DVD - unfortunately, it comes with TROLL 1 which I have no interest in and "cheapens" my collection, but I'll deal with it. :D

THE GHOUL - kind of a slow one and a bit stiff, but it has it's moments and to see it restored will be great. A must for Karloff fans, of course.

CORMAN POE titles - Not really into TOWER OF LONDON or HAUNTED PALACE so I may skip that disc, but the others are definitely worthy (especially excited abut THE RAVEN - great fun!).

VAMPIRE LOVERS/COUNTESS DRACULA - Two Hammers that have never really done that much for me, but at the same time, they are essential and if restored, you got my $$$.

HOWLING - whatever, it's never been a fave with me, but it has enough cool parts to make it worth a purchase.

GHOULIES 1,2 - you gotta be kidding - is anyone really going to buy this one???

POLTERGEIST 2,3 - not interested in this at all personally, but I definitely see the appeal amongst fans that will want to snatch this one up.

I MADMAN - rented once in the 80's and that was enough.

CLOWNHOUSE - only if they have outtakes of Salva and the kids.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
- just kidding!!!!

ONCE BITTEN - not my thing at all - saw it once

BURNT OFFERINGS - kind of dull, but hearing Karen Black's commentary may make it worthwhile.

MGM rocks the house!!!

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I used to refuse to watch anything Salva has done but I found out that the Clownhouse actor that got molested said he should be able to work - just not with kids.
I haven't decided if I'll get it yet. Most of the others are definite, though. Especiall TROLL 1 & 2!! Sonny Bono, Julia-Louis Dreyfuss, Noah Hathaway, Brad Hall. But where's CRAWLERS?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Helluva batch here. All I'll be picking up is Squirm and The Howling but it's great to see so many happy horror freaks!

Good job MGM!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I'm happy as a clam about these releases, but it still steams me that "Miracle Mile" is going to be full-frame in May-- come on, if you can make "Troll 2" 16x9, you can surely find the elements for "Miracle Mile" fer crissakes!

And this only further convinces me that their summer action releases (Remo Williams, Juggernaut, White Lightning, Gator, etc.) are gong to be widescreen instead of full-frame as previously announced.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Very happy with the Roger Corman Poe stuff, and it'll be nice to finally have a chance to see Raw Meat. I've heard nothing but good things about that movie :)

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
AN EVENING OF EDGAR ALLAN POE: what's this?
This is a TV special that Vincent Price did. He performs several Poe stories (Tell-tale heart, Cask of Armantillado, Pit and the Pendulum and another whose name escapes me). Closer to Poe's short stories than the movies. It's basically a one man show and his wife at the time did the costuming. They showed it on the Sci-fi channel one time and cut out the segement that escaped me earlier. IMHO, it contains some of VP's best acting. I especially liked his Tell-tale heart. Veddy glad to see it finally coming out. Cheers.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I used to refuse to watch anything Salva has done but I found out that the Clownhouse actor that got molested said he should be able to work - just not with kids.
Where did you hear that? When he was protesting the release of Powder, he didn't sound that forgiving.

There is also the fact that Francis Ford Copolla (Salva's friend and producer of Clownhouse and Jeepers Creepers) made sure the kid never worked again, had him blacklisted, for coming forward with what happened. Can't say I've been much of a fan of FFC after hearing that.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
What is the reason for MGM not doing 16:9 for 1.66 titles?
No idea, but it is severely degrading the presentation of a good number of foreign films for 16x9 owners. I could be a cost savings, as it allows recycling older transfers.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
My biggest & happiest surprise is seeing Raw Meat finally come to DVD. I'm also thrilled to see The Haunted Palace and a restored The Ghoul. :emoji_thumbsup:

A little disappointed in not seeing Burn, Witch, Burn, The Quatermass Xperiment or Blood on Satan's Claw on the list.

"A little disappointed in not seeing Burn, Witch, Burn, The Quatermass Xperiment or Blood on Satan's Claw on the list."

I totally agree Jay, but I hope by next year of the end of this year. Would also love to see The Crimson Cult, Return of Dracula, Sugar Hill ('74 version) both Blacula films, and as I stated here before, Return of Count Yorga and Madhouse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks