What's new

August Criterions (1 Viewer)

Tanner

Stunt Coordinator
For those who might be interested -

I sent off an email to Criterion questioning if the the new transfer of Salo will include the 17 second scene featuring the poem by Gottfried Benn that was absent in the original Criterion release but included in the BFI version, here's the response:

"Dear Tanner,
Thanks for sending us this note. I am not familiar with the 17 second poem. I've sent a note to the Pasolini foundation and to a close friend of Pasolini who was on the set of SALO. Neither had any information on this either. I have ordered the BFI release to see what it is.

All best,
Kim Hendrickson"

DVDBeaver.com has a screenshot from the BFI disc, and lists the scene at 42:24 - here's the link:
Salo Pasolini

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
I remember seeing Salo when I was 14. It was fairly mind-blowing. Would love to pick this one up.

Unfortunately it was banned in Australia in 1976, then it was allowed under an 'R' rating in 1993. However, Australian censors rebanned it in 1998. So it is a no go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks