What's new

Audio over DVI/HDMI (1 Viewer)

Mike H

Stunt Coordinator
Is there a cable that takes digital audio and DVI video out and transmit that to a HDMI connection on the TV?

For example, I want to use the Oppo digital player, and just use the TV for the the audio. So I'd like to transfer the audio straight to the TV without a reciever.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't the TV have a digital audio in? If not, it does not matter because if it were me, I'd just use the analog connection. There really isn't much difference between the analog track and the digital track in this instance. Both are going to be downmixed Dolby Pro-Logic or straight PCM (rare), so you really do not gain anything from using the digital vs. audio in. The real benefit from using the digital audio comes when you hook it up to a 5.1 decoder in a receiver.

Gabriel.H

Stunt Coordinator
DVI supports video only, even when using an HDMI to DVI connection you would have to use a seperate audio connection. Even if it's just to your tv for stereo sound DVI will not carry any audio signals whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks